Notices

Day 8 - Been in a pub.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 - Been in a pub.

I'm not making a habit of it, but went out for something to eat with the other half earlier in the local pub. It was a bit of a risk I suppose, but had two diet Cokes. The chip in my head usually kicks in and I automatically order a Guinness (for starters). Not so today. I'm pretty pleased with the results, but will still be giving drinking establishments a wide berth for the most part.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There with you Jimmy. My first day out of detox (Day 5) I went with the wife and my brother and his wife to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. My typical drinks there would be a skinny (low cal) margarita with Patron tequila and another shot on the side, or a MacAllan's 12 y/o scotch. This time, I had Sprite. But I admit, my mouth was watering (literally) at the thought of having a drink.

Good job at staying strong.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Took me a while before I could go into a place that had alcohol without wanting a drink. Now it's not a problem, but I steered clear for a few months. Better safe than sorry!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on saying no and staying the course! Congrats on Day 8!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. To be honest there's not much difference between me being in a pub and drinking or being in the house and drinking. At least with my other half. It's different company and different emotions that trigger me and some people more than others. The setting doesn't really matter - I've been here a 100 time before, and if I want to drink I'll get drink, no matter where I am. The difference this time is in my head though. I'm really opposed to drinking (not just mine, alcohol in general) before it's been a half hearted attempt.

P.S. I should add the local is a new one, we moved house not long back, so no old drinking buddies on the doorstep.