Notices

OxyContin. I can't stop

Old 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OxyContin. I can't stop

At first it was fun. I could take 10 mg in a day and be flying. Now I take at least 40 mg a day. When I stop I feel so **** that I lay and can't get up. I just started a new job and two days on the weekend doesn't seem to get this **** out of me. I hate being trapped by this. There's got to be a way to do this without compromising my job
Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Natural 'Defaults' in Human Nature:
+ When I am tired - I 'know' that sleep is needed.
+ When I am hungry - I 'know' that food is needed.
+ When I am thirsty - I 'know' I need water.
etc, etc - it gets a little more complicated and diverse after the basics, and my 'default solution' becomes based on my experiences - What do I do as a 'default behavior' when I am sad, lonely, etc.

Enter the high of a drug ... and then the process of using / abusing the drug(s) until I am ensnared in full blown addiction. Now I have force-programmed myself to have a new 'Nature' ... that of an Addict. Now all my 'defaults' on a 'Base Nature' are hard-wired to BELIEVE and KNOW the solution to everything in my life is to get that high of the way I felt back in the beginning on that 10 mg of Oxy ... but it's GONE FOREVER., and I CANNOT accept that. I KNOW I NEED IT ... on a 'Base Nature Default' basis, deep down below my conscious level of rational thought. At the level where I am DRIVEN to get that 'high' and will block out all other 'reasoning' to get that 'high', because I KNOW I can't even think about anything else until I can 'feel' like it's ok.

Such a REALITY is never EASY to get FREE from, but it is possible ... to be FREE.

I had to WORK the 12 Steps of AA. The Steps apply to any addiction, just replace 'Alcohol' with WHATEVER the addiction is.

From being involved on this Website for quite a long time, it is evident there are as many paths to FREEDOM as there are people that post here. I PRAY you find yours. If you fail repeatedly (I mention that only because I did for a long time) ... The 12 Steps ALAWAYS WORK if they are WORKED thoroughly.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I Know U can B 2.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can you taper?
Old 01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ans welcoem sunnywindow

I have no experience with oxy withdrawal but you'll probably find that it's going to take more than a weekend for you to feel good.

You will feel better again tho
Old 01-04-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sunnywindow!!