SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Checking in guys (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/402772-checking-guys.html)

Lnx 01-02-2017 01:05 AM

Checking in guys

Hi just checking in 5 days sober liking it, but my brother whom I live with who also is an alcoholic said tonight when I got home that he has temporarily lifted the alcohol ban he put on his place 5 days ago now he's outside on the **** playing loud music I'm in the room watching vidio staying safe, told him I'm staying off it, I will move out soon as I can I want to stay sober thanks PEPs :-)

Dee74 01-02-2017 01:18 AM

Good luck on the moving out - 5 days is awesome tho lnx :)

D

Lnx 01-02-2017 01:25 AM

Thanks Dee, its interesting observing another drunks behaviour he put up a big tent today made him happy so now he gets drunk, the same kind of thing I would do any reason for a blow out I need to stay aware blow out with me end up in black outs and problems

waywardson8260 01-02-2017 03:49 AM

Congratulations on 5 days Lnx!

Winslow 01-02-2017 04:55 AM

5 days is great! Keep it up:)

EndGameNYC 01-02-2017 08:17 AM

My sister's husband's brother, in his forties, was rushed to the ICU over the weekend. He has severe pancreatitis, and his glucose level is around 300% above normal levels. When asked about his drinking, his wife, also a heavy drinker, stated that he has two or three drinks a night, and sometimes a little more on the weekend. He was told about a year ago that he has diabetes, and that he would likely die a slow, painful death if he continued drinking. He continued to drink while making some minor changes in his life for a couple weeks. He's mostly unresponsive, being on continuous and heavy doses of morphine. They cannot feed him because doing so would place too much strain on his pancreas. It doesn't look good for him, his wife or their two young children.

january161992 01-02-2017 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 6273228)
My sister's husband's brother, in his forties, was rushed to the ICU over the weekend. He has severe pancreatitis, and his glucose level is around 300% above normal levels. When asked about his drinking, his wife, also a heavy drinker, stated that he has two or three drinks a night, and sometimes a little more on the weekend. He was told about a year ago that he has diabetes, and that he would likely die a slow, painful death if he continued drinking. He continued to drink while making some minor changes in his life for a couple weeks. He's mostly unresponsive, being on continuous and heavy doses of morphine. They cannot feed him because doing so would place too much strain on his pancreas. It doesn't look good for him, his wife or their two young children.

this kind of honest/ serious post helps me the most

:tyou

january161992 01-02-2017 10:46 AM

LNX

great job on 5 days

Delilah1 01-02-2017 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC (Post 6273228)

I'm so sorry EndGame.

Delilah1 01-02-2017 11:49 AM

LNX, keep it up.

Lnx 01-02-2017 09:56 PM

Sober rocks stay sober PEPs!!!