voices ca**y

You are awesome!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Byeredwine

Inspiring Delilah

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hello and Happy New Year!

One year ago today I logged in determined that it would be my final Day One post. Through the incredible support of this website I am one Year sober today.

For those of you logging in today feeling like life is just spiraling and you are done with feeling the way you do, you can do this, and it will be the very best thing that you have done for yourself.

This year had its ups and downs, and no matter how difficult a day or situation was I did not allow alcohol to be an option.

I am so incredibly grateful to each of you on SR. Thank you for your support and friendship. The feeling of accomplishment that I have today is unbelievable, and I couldn't have done it without all of you.

If you are new here is some advice, from someone who had many day ones, and finally said "Enough!"
-Read and post on here daily.
-Join a monthly class
-Check in with the 24 hour thread
-Stay focused on today, you can't change the past, and worrying about the future will cause unnecessary stress. Look into Mindfulness, it helps with this.
-Journal
-Practice gratitude, each day take the time to be grateful for all that you have, even if in the moment the only thing you have going is one hour of sobriety, that is something to be grateful for.
-Get outside every day, something about nature helps improve mood
-Laugh
-If you are a reader, check out the list of recovery threads
-Ask for help if you are struggling, admitting you need help is a sign of strength, and it will get you through the tough times.
-Listen to Dee!
- Finally, do not drink. Don't allow yourself to buy that bottle, or order that first drink. It is the one that will get you in trouble. Do whatever is necessary to avoid this (read, hike, pace the floor...)

I'm so excited to continue my recovery journey with each of you. I hope 2017 brings you love, laughter, friendship, and sobriety.

❤️Delilah
You inspire me Delilah! And I wholeheartedly agree with you! I'm at 101 days now the fog has cleared and life is very different.Im discovering Me and much to my surprise I'm OK! The only thing messing with me is being alone, but I believe there's a little co-D thingy kicking around the bushes.So I don't dare date yet. But there's always something right???lol Congrats on 1 year! That's super Cool.BRW
Old 01-03-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

BOOYAH!! Awesome job!!!! XOXOX
Old 01-03-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you Pondlady! I have been emotional reading on here today, I just got teary-eyed reading your post. It took me a while to finally get here, and reaching this milestone has been one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. It sounds crazy to say, but the feeling I have today is a great one. Thank you for your support through my years on SR!

❤️Delilah
Not a crazy feeling at all . I feel emotional and grateful, when I realize the significance of my sobriety. I've had a difficult year, losing my father, but feeling my grief has allowed me to better process it, as opposed to numbing myself with wine. My father was so proud I quit drinking.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Brilliant news - well done!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
under new management

-Read and post on here daily.
-Join a monthly class
-Check in with the 24 hour thread
-Stay focused on today, you can't change the past, and worrying about the future will cause unnecessary stress. Look into Mindfulness, it helps with this.
-Journal
-Practice gratitude, each day take the time to be grateful for all that you have, even if in the moment the only thing you have going is one hour of sobriety, that is something to be grateful for.
-Get outside every day, something about nature helps improve mood
-Laugh
-If you are a reader, check out the list of recovery threads
-Ask for help if you are struggling, admitting you need help is a sign of strength, and it will get you through the tough times.
-Listen to Dee!
- Finally, do not drink. Don't allow yourself to buy that bottle, or order that first drink. It is the one that will get you in trouble. Do whatever is necessary to avoid this (read, hike, pace the floor...)

❤️Delilah
Congratulations, Delilah

I love your list, especially "Listen to Dee!"
Old 01-03-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congratulations! So inspirational! I have copied your advice list into my journal!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
p***enger

You're amazing Delilah -- I'm so glad for you! Congratulations!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thabks everyone! Your posts have made me smile.😊
Old 01-03-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congratulations! A lovely post which will help many, I think.