Notices

this is dave

Old 10-31-2004, 09:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
duo

glad you're in out of the cold

Hi Dave - I can think of a whole lot less valid reasons for picking up, but I must admit the loneliness one gets me more often than not. Hey, if you can do 21 days, you can do a month, a couple of months, a year. So don't give up (as I see you haven't) and when that nagging voice starts its sh*t, pick up the phone, come here to chat or just get down to your local 7-11 and talk about the price of eggs with the cashier!
I'm having trouble with getting over the 1-day hurdle and can't seem to get a first birthday that's going to lead anywhere long-term. Just can't figure what's my stumbling block, but I'm trying, so very damn hard.
Anyway, take care and God bless,
***DUO***
Old 10-31-2004, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Connie

Wow, Dave, sorry about your "friend". Recovery teaches us the true meaning of that word, huh? I've got a month coming up this Thursday, and I'm beginning to see who my true friends are, and who the people are that the only thing I had in common was getting drunk. Lonely? There's always someone to call in times like those, if we search hard enough. Myself, I think of how many times I sat drinking in a bar, and felt truly lonely and isolated. I know I'd rather be the only one in my house (except the fur people, of course), and feel the inner peace I've been given with sobriety. It's a journey, and we're all on this board making the journey together. Hang in there, everything for a reason. Glad you came back.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
new life

Hello Dave, mikee here, it is crazy how alcohol manages to change a happy setting into another episode of Cops. Myself I'm around alcohol a lot the time. I label it as someone elses vice. The few non-drinking friends that I have are my "true friends".

regards
mike 12 days clear
Old 10-31-2004, 10:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dave,
I know what you are saying, I have friends that would make better enemy's also.
avoidance seems to be the only answer for me.
as far as the loneliness, man that is tough, i remember the good O'l days, i could go into any bar and have 20 friends after i hour.
now, i focus on my kids, and it sounds like you might want to spend some time there.
I sincerely hope i did not offend you, as i am just as bad a screw up.
9 days and counting.