Notices

90 days & remembering NYE 2012 relapse

Old 12-31-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days & remembering NYE 2012 relapse

Today is 90 days for me! 90!!!
Since I was maybe 16 (that was 27 year ago) I have only had over 90 days 3 times --- my 3 pregnancies. After my first 2, both times it was right back to the "controlled drinking" (ie: only when hubby was there; kids were safe in bed; out watching football at sports bar and hubby is driving, etc. etc.). Most times blackout/binge drinking.
After baby#3, I figured I haven't drank in 9 months, I'll keep it up. Not drinking became the norm.
I did not touch alcohol from March 2010 - Jan 1, 2012 ... New Years Eve 2011 going into 12... a nice mellow night with a couple neighbors. They knew I didn't drink (rrrr.. makes me so mad just thinking about it). But the guy repeatedly kept offering me the Dom Perigon (sp?) champagne.. like the real expensive stuff! So I had a little. Split a bottle 4 ways .. no big deal, right?! WRONG! That was 5 years ago. I only got the slightest buzz that night. Then a couple weeks later, a couple beers at a gathering. Maybe some wine with dinner. Before Spring I was back to binge drinking at least twice most weeks. Made a fool of myself countless times. Wasn't always emotionally available for the kids. Came very close to being arrested twice (I actually tried to pee in a bush outside a very nice restaurant. *cringe* I am a mother! WTF is wrong with me) I think I quit for a week after that!

Anyway, here I am 90 days!! I really WANT to be here. I see how easy it is to go back.
6:30pm EST and I'll likely be in bed by 9:30. Right now, I need to get off the computer. Time for board games and cookies.

I hope you all are having a safe, sober and Happy New Years Eve!
Old 12-31-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-31-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 90 is fantastic!! Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

90 days is fantastic!!

I am also a mom of three who stayed sober during my pregnancies, but began drinking soon after.

Being sober is so much better, have a wonderful NYE, and a great start to 2017.

❤️Delilah
Old 12-31-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Congratulations on your 90 days!! You can do this!!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oct2016 View Post
Today is 90 days for me! 90!!!
Since I was maybe 16 (that was 27 year ago) I have only had over 90 days 3 times --- my 3 pregnancies. After my first 2, both times it was right back to the "controlled drinking" (ie: only when hubby was there; kids were safe in bed; out watching football at sports bar and hubby is driving, etc. etc.). Most times blackout/binge drinking.
After baby#3, I figured I haven't drank in 9 months, I'll keep it up. Not drinking became the norm.
I did not touch alcohol from March 2010 - Jan 1, 2012 ... New Years Eve 2011 going into 12... a nice mellow night with a couple neighbors. They knew I didn't drink (rrrr.. makes me so mad just thinking about it). But the guy repeatedly kept offering me the Dom Perigon (sp?) champagne.. like the real expensive stuff! So I had a little. Split a bottle 4 ways .. no big deal, right?! WRONG! That was 5 years ago. I only got the slightest buzz that night. Then a couple weeks later, a couple beers at a gathering. Maybe some wine with dinner. Before Spring I was back to binge drinking at least twice most weeks. Made a fool of myself countless times. Wasn't always emotionally available for the kids. Came very close to being arrested twice (I actually tried to pee in a bush outside a very nice restaurant. *cringe* I am a mother! WTF is wrong with me) I think I quit for a week after that!

Anyway, here I am 90 days!! I really WANT to be here. I see how easy it is to go back.
6:30pm EST and I'll likely be in bed by 9:30. Right now, I need to get off the computer. Time for board games and cookies.

I hope you all are having a safe, sober and Happy New Years Eve!
You got this happy new years.. God bless you and yours...👏👏
Old 12-31-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again Oct 2016

D