Notices

113 Days Sober Update from Carlingford

Old 12-31-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a Super Christmas and Happy New Year to all. 113 days clean today and survived Christmas...... Thank God, I kept busy with family and squeezed in a few meetings, also, distracted myself whenever the urge came. Generally I am feeling ok, just!! kind of bland if you understand, comes and goes, I still have the following complaints.

Alcohol Neuropathy (PAWS Issue I believe) which is periodically causing severe itching in both feet and legs especially at night and sometimes affects my sleep. I still have some minor balance and cogitative issues and slight brain fog but this is getting less and less Thank God. Since my last post when I went to ER with my issues as my head was all over the place and I was in general malaise all over. I have since gone to the doctor again and was happy as I got a new doctor who knows addiction and she couldn't believe that on my previous visit the doctor didn't take my bloods. The Hospital had sent my blood results to the doctors clinic and new doctor reviewed.

She took new bloods as the hospital bloods were too general or what ever, don't really understand, she took targeted bloods for testing which I hope to have results early next week, i.e. thyroid, glucose, diabetics, vitamin deficiency and other stuff I don't know so please God everything will be ok. From reading on SR I know that PAWS peaks between 3 to 6 Months and can last longer so hopefully I will see further improvement in the coming weeks and months and if PAW continue for longer so be it !! I will ride the storm and happy to be going into 2017 with nearly 4 Months under my belt and on a positive journey.

Please can you give me your thoughts if you were in my position at this point in your journey, all knowledge/stories/past experiences greatly appreciated, thanks to all in SR and Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, carlingford.

Congratulations on 113 days - terrific!

My brain fog and cognitive issues didn't begin to improve for me until at least six or seven months so you are ahead of where I was at 113 days.

Hope that the results of your blood work are all positive.

Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job on 113 days
Old 12-31-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic Carlingford, Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job on day 113

I always find a bit of Coco butter sooths the itching around my ankles especially in winter
Old 12-31-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, my longest sober time ever, probably in over 30 years, so in new territory and in New Year. I have no intension of ever going back, isn't it funny I never heard about Paws or the terrible side effects of drinking and quitting when drinking. Imagine I never knew I was an Alcoholic until I had to quit, its amazing how clear things become after the event, just blabbering here, have a great New Years everyone, Oh Purple night I will check out the coconut cream tomorrow as you know its lashing outside now and not stirring.

I
Old 12-31-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry I meant Soberwolf, see the brain is still frizzled, ahh Lord give me Patience with this affliction.