Notices

All People see in me is alcohol

Old 01-01-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just remembering every present to my father (birthday, Christmas, Fathers Day, Easter - all of them) as soon as I had pocket money to spend...

I would go to his local pub with my money and whatever greeting card was approproate and I'd pay for however many pints of his current brew as I could afford, and the landlord would write an IOU in the card. He thought, and still, thinks, that was great. Maybe one day he'll ever get to the stage we're at, where that seems kinda sad. Once my mum left him it because painfully evident that he doesn't 'do' gifts, so I don't need to do that any more, which as I'm now sober myself, is probably a very good thing.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Suzie,

I think the first thing you need to worry about is breaking this vicious cycle of drinking regularly. This will allow you to feel like a sober person, and only then it makes sense to start trying to convince someone else.

I also think your family don't mean harm. Do they know about your drinking problem? Most people I told about mine were very surprised, but once they knew I got a lot more support than I was expecting.

You can do this, new year, new life.

P