Notices

HBO Risky Drinking documentary - thoughts?

Old 12-29-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Boxer

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
I saw it. Thought it was well done, especially the brain science part. Hard to watch at times. Son visiting drunken father was just sad.
Gotta agree, that was pretty heart wrenching.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Excellent documentary. Thanks to the forum for bringing it to my attention.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Very hard to watch. But well done
Old 01-02-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewRomanMan View Post
Don't black out much? Social drinkers generally don't black out at all. Maybe try some controlled drinking. Try to limit yourself to only two drinks at a sitting. See how you feel. If you can't stop at two, or if stopping at two just makes you miserable, you may have something to think about. For me, I can't have even one. If I have one, I'll want 14. Just the way I'm wired. That's why I can't drink at all. Everyone is different. But do stay here on SR. We're all here for you!
I think about drinking most of the day, if im hungover then im telling myself for most of the day that i will never drink again ,if im not hungover then I wake up very thAnkful & from noon im thinking about getting a drink when I finish at 430pm. I dont black out on a daily or even weekly basis but constantly dont remember conversations or things people tell me cause im intoxicated, sometimes I know i had an argument with my partner but have no idea what it was about.. Ive been drinking for over 20 years, a lot of that time without others drinking with me.. Ive tried moderate & its miserable, i just think about it even more.. So although i only have between 4-8 drinks sometimes up to 14, i cant not have a drink on a daily basis.. I wish it was different..