Notices

Trusting in a Higher Power

Old 12-28-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trusting in a Higher Power

I am currently working on Step 2 - specifically how to develop a relationship and trust with a higher power that will see me through these rough times. I'm proud of my 42 days of sobriety and came out of rehab a changed woman for so much the better.

I just feel overwhelmed with work - abandoned by my business partner the first day back at work, now left to handle the workload and trying to hammer out a large buyout of his interest that will leave the company sapped of profits for the first half of this year. I haven't drank and will not drink because of this situation or any other. But desperately trying to find some peace moving into 2017. Anyone been through anything like this with someone close in their life, right out of rehab?
Old 12-28-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

I havnt any experience with rehab but wanted to congratulate you on 42 days !
Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Beanie.

Sorry life is rough right now. The first thing to remember over anything else is that taking a drink will NOT help anything. It will cause more problems than ever.

The second thing is that all you can deal with is now. This minute. You gave no control over the past. Or the future. If there is something you can do right now to make your situation better, then go ahead. If not, then try to hand it over.

There are plenty of AA prayers that you could draw on that could help. Even if you have not come to a conclusion about the nature of your HP. (That was a sticking point for me for some time, til one day, driving along, it just kinda struck me that in my conceit I was holding off my recovery until I knew for sure something that no human had ever known for sure ever. And I understood, in my heart, that there is a reason they call it a leap of faith. And right there and then in my car, I took that leap. Not because I knew from my own experiences that He could help me, but because I was willing to trust that, as He has helped others, if I could humble myself to ask, He would help me as well. And sure as eggs were eggs, He was likely to do a better job at this stuff than I could).

Anyway. Here are some links that might help you out some as you wrestle with this stuff..

Our very own Step 2 area, just in case you haven't explored there before... Step 2 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

12 and 12 on Step 2 .... https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...Dy67D7Gd8GSDsQ

Prayers for each step... Friends of Bill W. - Twelve Step Prayersfromthe Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous

Prayers specifically for step 3 ... Friends of Bill W. - Third Step Prayers

AA Speakers on Step 2 and step 3 ... AA Step 2 Speaker Tapes | RecoveryAudio.org & AA Step 3 Speaker Tapes | RecoveryAudio.org

And don't forget to talk to your sponsor about what you're thinking and feeling. Daily if needs be. How are they having you work through this stuff? Written questions and answers, or some other way?

I'd also suggest adding some Big Book or Step Study meetings to your meeting scheduled if you don't have these going on already. These really were (and continue to be ) invaluable to me while working the steps and understanding how to apply them to all areas of my life.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery. BB