Notices

Almost 24 hours

Old 12-27-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome, glad you are back. If you continue to feel physical withdrawls, you can go to the doctor, they do not report the reason you went to see them to work.

The good thing is in a few days you will start to feel better, and can begin to work on you r sobriety. This site is a great resource. Check out the 24 hour club, and also the monthly classes. December is still going strong, and January will start again soon.
Looking forward to following your recovery on here!

❤️Delilah
Old 12-27-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome fedup and welcome Ophelia - I know you'll both find support and help here

D
Old 12-28-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome fedup and welcome Ophelia - I know you'll both find support and help here

D
Thank you everyone for your supportive welcomes I hope this is going to a useful place to get advice and guidance. I have scared myself this time and I feel really determined to stop now. Have managed to sleep three more hours ! Amazing but still feel nauseous which is so like me st this stage. I have been reading allen carrs book this morning too which is helping with perspective x
Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry about the nausea I really couldn't get any sleep either waking up every 40 minutes or so. Had some very vivid dreams in those short spurts. But I do feel a little better than yesterday. Time to start day 2. Have to go to work so I will mostly stick to myself and hope we get let off early cause of the holidays. Good luck to everyone today.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yes I too have very vivid and strange dreams not particularly nice ones at that. I am still feeling sick and it's been a while now so starting to worry I've damaged my stomach quite a bit this time. Got out and got fresh air today which has helped a lot. See nice nature too. Hoping depression doesn't start creeping in as it usually does after a few days. I don't take meds I try and do it all on my own then fail spectacularly xx
Originally Posted by Fedup1234 View Post
Sorry about the nausea I really couldn't get any sleep either waking up every 40 minutes or so. Had some very vivid dreams in those short spurts. But I do feel a little better than yesterday. Time to start day 2. Have to go to work so I will mostly stick to myself and hope we get let off early cause of the holidays. Good luck to everyone today.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

My wife is my trigger...she makes me want to drink. She is not supportive...I was having a great day staying positive until I saw her. Anyone ever felt like someone instantly made them Want to drink

Last edited by Fedup1234; 12-28-2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Mispelled
Old 12-28-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, many things can trigger the desire to drink, people, places and so on. Some places you can avoid, some people you can't. Remember getting and staying sober is for you...some will be supportive, others may not. Keep going despite those that aren't helpful...you will feel so good and be happy not to have to drink
Old 12-28-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Yes, many things can trigger the desire to drink, people, places and so on. Some places you can avoid, some people you can't. Remember getting and staying sober is for you...some will be supportive, others may not. Keep going despite those that aren't helpful...you will feel so good and be happy not to have to drink
Thank you very much I appreciate it. One day at a time day 2 is almost over.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job on day 2