Notices

Not just to keep my job

Old 12-25-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not just to keep my job

I wrote a list of memories I'd have a better memory of if I hadn't been drunk. This isn't just about keeping my job, but that was a huge catalyst, it is about making all parts of my life more enjoyable and healthier.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me it was also important to look at the whole picture, soo many benefits that could be had with Sobriety across all areas of my life, and many I didn't even realise until afterwards!!

Great post Water!!
Old 12-25-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup. Alcohol can leave you with lots and lots of regrets. Never too late to start anew though!
Old 12-25-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're well on the way water

D
Old 12-25-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will be surprised at the benefits you find in your sober life.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Before I got sober for good, I thought it would be boring and stressful without drinking. I was wrong. My life is a thousand times better now and I wake up feeling good.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

For me, being a drunk was 100% addiction. I did not realize that for my 30 years of degenerate drinking.

Nobody told me until i found SR while struggling not to relapse at 80 days clean.

Keeping the fact that I am an addict for life in the forefront of every drinking opportunity is how I have made it 20 months clean.

For me, remembering I am a drug addict, alcohol being my drug of choice, is my humble way of moving through life.

BTW, This year has been a great year for so many reasons. The main reason being, that I have not been severely ill since I quit drinking.

I used to get sick quarterly. I am sure that if I kept drinking I would have died an early death.

Never drink again.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Each and every time I think of something that I got away with but that was negatively impacted by drinking I'm writing it down. That helps me realize how much drinking was impacting me - not just the "getting caught" part but the things only I know were impacted - e.g. I had a phone conversation with a dear friend about a year ago and I don't remember it clearly. This should be as good a reason as "getting caught drunk at work!"
Old 12-25-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Water441 View Post
This should be as good a reason as "getting caught drunk at work!"
Do you feel any remorse for drinking at work, or only for getting caught?

You've mentioned elsewhere that you're anxious about facing your employer. Your employer simply wants this resolved, so that you don't cause them problems in the future. They didn't necessarily have to give you a month off to go to rehab.

If you don't see anything wrong with drinking on the job, which is essentially a form of theft, since you are paid wages, and possibly a safety hazard, depending on the job, it's entirely possible that you may consider doing it again.

In other words, what if you hadn't been caught?