Notices

Feeling MUCH Better-Day 3

Old 12-23-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling MUCH Better-Day 3

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for being around for my first few tough days. I am doing well today. Up cleaning the kitchen with some energy. Listening to Disco and dancing around the kitchen. Been hydrating like crazy with coconut water someone else suggested. My face is not so bloated, my eyes are looking not so baggy, and my head is clearer. I actually feel a little optimism for the first time in about a year.

This will probably be my last post until after the new year as I head to sunny Florida for 7 days. I have some books and my non-drinking husband to give me support. I texted my girlfriend we will be seeing part of the time that "due to some health issues" I will not be drinking as she usually stocks my wine for me. I am just not ready to open up yet. I may when I get there. We will see. I feel optimistic about having a vacation where I do not wake up with a hangover every day and have to lie and sneak to my husband to get booze. It's just a ridiculous way to live.

My niece ditching me this week was good and bad. It pushed me into sobriety after my mental health crisis. That relationship kept me chained to estrangements that were emotionally painful for me and caused me great distress. As much as I will miss her, I feel a certain freedom not having to have any exposure to people who only want to hurt me or just do not care about me. My reality is that I have a mother who does not love me. It is what it is. I need to do a better job of handling things that's for sure. I can't do that drunk.

AND, I have a phone interview for a company I have been trying to get into for 3 years when we get back. It is a great position and close to home. If I do not find work soon, we are in big trouble. I have that goal to help keep me sober too. I am not professionally successful as a drunk. I have more than proven that to myself.

Happy sober holidays everyone!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Keep drinking that coconut water! Glad you are beginning the New Year with a 'new beginning'!
&
Old 12-23-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 3 days and your progress Ustacallmelola. Happy Holidays and best of luck on your job interview!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days. And if you get tempted remember how good you feel today....and how bad you felt just 48 hours ago! Enjoy Florida....
Old 12-23-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, this is just the best news!

You got sober in time to actually enjoy your Florida time. I grew up in SE Florida, I miss it right now in the cold country.

I think you've turned a corner. Continue to do the next right thing and your life is going to take off!

Old 12-23-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great to hear that you are feeling better, Ust. Keep moving forward (and, as bim said, doing the next right thing).

Spoiler alert: sobriety and recovery get better and better and better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep it up Ustacallmelola! And happy holidays!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy your trip!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello Lola,

Glad you will be heading to Florida with a few sober days under your belt, and it sounds like a good chance for you to focus on your recovery. You may want to find a time to check in on SR if you have access to the internet, or through your phone plan. I have found checking in each day to be an important part of my recovery.

Congrats on the phone interview as well, a week at the beach sounds like a good time/place to mentally prepare yourself for that interview!

Happy Holidays!
❤️ Delilah
Old 12-23-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good luck OP!!! And be strong. I'm on day 2 and drinking Gatorade like it's running out of style.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good sober Christmas and vacation Usta

D
Old 12-23-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on day 3 Lola
Old 12-23-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well. Good job on your sobriety and I hope that your job interview goes well.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Ustacallmelola!! Keep pushing through!!