SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Holiday Weekender for Christmas 2016 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/402200-holiday-weekender-christmas-2016-a.html)

Dee74 12-21-2016 05:42 PM

Holiday Weekender for Christmas 2016

:Xmastc
http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...zrzow376z9.gif

To The Weekender Thread for

Xmas 2016

Hi and welcome to the Weekender Thread!

This is a place where anyone and everyone can come for support - especially over the weekend - but also right through the coming week as well.

All you have to do to join is post - we'd love to see you come aboard :

:Xmasca

I'd like to wish everyone a happy safe sober and clean Christmas.

No big post this week - just a reminder to maybe take a moment or two to think about the things you're grateful for this Christmas...

and maybe spare a thought or even a deed or two for those less fortunate than ourselves...

If you haven't read this thread, or haven't for sometime - it's worth a read all the way through...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...val-guide.html

Remember there will be people around and support here on SR available right across Christmas

please do post before you get into trouble...
:Xmasma

D

Coldfusion 12-21-2016 05:47 PM

I guess if I call "shotgun," I have to keep posting here!

Coldfusion 12-21-2016 05:50 PM

Thanks for the thread, Dee!

Wow, this is a time of the year when we all need to stick together for strength.

I know I'll be around most of the weekend except when I'm at AA meetings or functions. I should be able to keep up!

Gilmer 12-21-2016 05:58 PM

I'm in.

STDragon 12-21-2016 06:06 PM

I'm on board. This coming weekend has been on my mind. No plans to drink naturally, don't want to and AV is being quiet about it. Not really looking forward to the family event's. Everyone drinks, my brother-in-law was an o'l binge buddy. I don't like some of the attitudes either. We had a bit of a disastrous event at work, although it'll probably be resolved tomorrow, part of me is really hoping to be called in over the weekend.

Most of the family is coming to my place Christmas eve, told my wife it'll be an alcohol free event (She doesn't drink anyways). Then we go to their place Christmas day. I'll bring my laptop and maybe hang out here.....

tnek97 12-21-2016 06:17 PM

Is it weird that for once I am thankful to be alone on Christmas? No obligations, no dinners, no parties, just me, and a Game of Thrones marathon.

Cleomie 12-21-2016 06:39 PM

I'm in and will stay close to this SR family/community for extra support.
Thanks for being there, you guys.:grouphug:

Soberandhealthy 12-21-2016 09:09 PM

Merry Christmas I'm in

Dee74 12-21-2016 09:12 PM

Good to see all you guys! :)

D

MidnightBlue 12-21-2016 09:31 PM

Thank you for the thread, dee.

I think it's perfectly ok to feel fine being alone for holidays unless you choose otherwise yourself, not by pressure of traditions.

I have lots of things to do these days.

And I don't celebrate x-mas anyway.

Have safe alcohol free holidays, weekenders!

bemyself 12-21-2016 09:45 PM

Me too! need to be part of as any many threads as I can manage. This one should be a booooommmmer!

Notimetoloose 12-21-2016 09:58 PM

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all you guys...let us make it a sober and safe one.
This morning I heard some awful news, a lady from my old neighbourhood passed away, she was 56 and suffered and struggled with addiction her whole life...she was a kind hearted woman and has left 4 grown up children. Awfully sad.

saoutchik 12-21-2016 10:21 PM

Morning everyone, i'm in.

Thanks Dee, congratulations on shotgun Coldfusuon.

Sorry to read about your neighbour Notimetolose as i'm 56 myself

Soberwolf 12-21-2016 10:35 PM

Nice intro D

God morning all going for a workout shortly

teaorcoffee 12-21-2016 11:13 PM

Getting myself up and ready to leave. I'm not partying this year which feels very good. Will be with people and am staying in a wine region which did worry me. But so far so good.
I guess being sober and aware is making a difference. Long may it continue

Outonthetiles 12-21-2016 11:15 PM

This will be my first sober Christmas since 1982, when I was a high school senior.

Dee74 12-21-2016 11:16 PM

I'm really sorry notimetolose.

I have faith in you teaorcoffee

Thanks Sao and SW!
Great stuff OOTT :)

D

BringingBackB 12-21-2016 11:33 PM

I'm in!

Soberwolf 12-22-2016 12:11 AM

Wolves throughout history have been given a bad name & reputation but I think wolves are beautiful they are the first ancestor of the dog (and Bear too I think)

Native Indians seen something very spiritual in the wolves

And we all know Raksha from the jungle book

Thought I'd share this in appreciation of just how awesome Wolves are

FreedomCA 12-22-2016 12:36 AM

Will have 60 days sober this Saturday. Going to my inlaws on Christmas where there will be much drinking. Wish me luck!!!