Holiday Weekender for Christmas 2016

Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning gang
Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders!

I had good time yesterday.

I wasn't tempted by all the alcohol at all.

Speaking about "boring" - the only people whom I found "boring" (and somewhat irritating) were those who had too much.

I certainly don't envy the hangover some of my colleagues are having today. Brrrr.

Bimini - Great to see you!

Gilmer - My dear freind, I couldn't disagree with you more on "Fat better than drunk" thing. It's like comparing "A kidney failure is better than heart failure" because if heart stops you will die immediately, while you can last for another 20 years with one kidney.

I can see "being drunk on food" being better than being drunk on alcohol only as temporary transitional measure to cope with immediate danger to life which alcoholism poses - like prescribing medicine with severe side affects to battle a dangerous disease.

The problem with sugar is that its "effect span" is spread over time and it's hard to correlate certain health issues to excessive consumption of junk food.

See you all.

Have a great day!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome work Midnight x
Old 12-28-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning all, it is freezing outside

Britains most famous living alcoholic was in my part of London yesterday and misbehaving himself. While I have sympathy for his condition and some mental health issues he is really becoming an unattractive individual and I fear his story may not end well - I hope I am wrong

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...roid-orange-gb
Old 12-28-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just looked outside my window thought the grass looked white it is white not snow but seriously close everything is frosted over all you can hear is a wee robin singing his song oh my this is awesome !!!

it looks like Snow

Everyone in the UK please be careful driving or on foot
Old 12-28-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies guys. I have decided to pig out as much as I want over this Christmas/ New year period, especially when Mr p is drinking. Then when all returns back to normal I will reign it in and get back to my usual eating patterns. I wholeheartedly agree that sugar is very addictive as I usually don't bother with it and this week the more I eat then the more I want! Xx
Old 12-29-2016, 12:08 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Lnx

New here

Hi just finished drinking binge will I ever learn had been sober for over a year, over the last week mainly yesterday I managed to make a fool of myself yet again have spent most of the day in my room feeling low about my behavior sent some stupid Tex's & turned up at friends house drunk not good, I'm glad I have found this site
Old 12-29-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome to SR Lnx! It is a great place to rest with others who understand.

Good that you stopped. If you have any more around you dump it. Rest and post as much as it takes.

This thread is the weekender. It starts fresh every week to help focus on getting folks through the weekends or holidays.

How are you doing now? Are you home safe?

Ken
Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Then you made 'em good. The whole point of ANZAC biccies, G- was to make something with whatever one had to hand. No boutique ingredients. Just like damper.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:31 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Lnx nice to meet you friend
Old 12-29-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Welcome lnx.
Xx
Old 12-29-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Morning all, it is freezing outside

Britains most famous living alcoholic was in my part of London yesterday and misbehaving himself. While I have sympathy for his condition and some mental health issues he is really becoming an unattractive individual and I fear his story may not end well - I hope I am wrong

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...roid-orange-gb
I do have sympathy for the guy. It's one thing trying to quit drinking as a 'normie'. But as a celebrity, with the tabloid press following him around, waiting for his next relapse, (and in the past hacking his mobile phone), it can't be easy. Still it's no excuse, and his recent racist behaviour is simply unacceptable. I pray he gets the help he needs, but deep down I just feel he's not done drinking yet. I hope he proves everyone wrong.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Lnx

I came here in 07 not knowing whether I could stay sober but knowing I had no choice but to try. This community helped me change my life. - it's a good group of people

D

D
Old 12-29-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

The road to fame is sometimes paved with addictive driven behaviour.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morn'n Mr. Wolf, Number Five is alive?
Old 12-29-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Congratulations. If you stay with it (assuming you're in AA), you have no idea what God has in store for you! Do the work and you will be blessed beyond your wildest imagination. As the book says. 'life will have new meaning'. Or something like that. Hang in there.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Lnx

Lnx

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Welcome to SR Lnx! It is a great place to rest with others who understand.

Good that you stopped. If you have any more around you dump it. Rest and post as much as it takes.

This thread is the weekender. It starts fresh every week to help focus on getting folks through the weekends or holidays.

How are you doing now? Are you home safe?

Ken
Hi Ken and all thanks for warm welcome, I got half a nights sleep read from a recovery book this morning bit anxious just need let the days go by, people soon find something else to talk about I guess
Old 12-29-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Lnx

Restlessness

I seem to always have an inward restlessness its very difficult for me to slow my pace of life down does any indentify with this? Any tips on how to combat it? Thanks in advance
Old 12-29-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I tend to move at a slow pace myself, Lnx.

I know a lot of people who have a lot of pent-up energy, though. Probably lots here on SR.

Why don't you start your own thread about it in this forum?

This thread is from last week, and I think it'll attract fewer readers than a thread of your own.