Day 1...Hopeless

Old 12-21-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Come join us on the exercise thread 'Road to winter'

i
Old 12-21-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am actually very new to the forums and would consider myself a "functional" alcoholic (if there really is such a thing). I cannot tell you how may times I have dragged myself to work in the morning with a hangover. The throbbing headache, nausea and depression. Also, the terrible decisions I have made. It feels like madness to try and fail, try and fail ... repeat. No one should disparage you for being an atheist, and I would suggest finding another meeting. I know many atheists who go to AA. These forums are definitely a great support system. We completely understand what it is like to hide our drinking or even be ostracized by friends or family due to alcoholism (or other issues such as religious or political preference). The REAL you is still there. The happy and sober you is waiting. If you feel you need to go to rehab, this may be a good avenue for you. But these are choices you have to make, of course. Very best of luck to you!
Old 12-21-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Ustacallmelola, glad you've joined us. Not sure if you've heard of a book called, "Healing the Addicted Brain" by Harold Urschell, but I hear great things about it, especially how it looks at addiction from a scientific standpoint. I'm a very scientific thinker and books that appeal to me on that level really resonate; perhaps you are the same.

Hang in there...and hopefully you'll get to enjoy some of that vacation time!