Notices

4 days sober now

Old 12-18-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days sober now

Just wanted to let you all know I'm four days sober now after going 12 days without a drink and slipping up and bingeing for 6 days. I've committed to a total life overhaul. I think his will make sobriety easier for me as well since I'm not overly obsessed with that one aspect of this change. I saw a doctor for the first time in years on Friday and was put on a very low dose of an SNRI. So far, so good. I was also given a prescription antihistamine that is supposed to work for anxiety but I just used it to get go to sleep at early since it makes you really drowsy. Tonight I won't use it anymore for that, but I'm on a healthy sleep schedule now.

I also quit coffee and am feeling calmer already. I think those of us who are anxiety prone do so much better without it. I've changed my diet to address my long standing digestive issues and I haven't felt a peep out of my tummy since starting this new diet. And I am getting negativity out of my life as much as I can, such as not looking at news sites or any places where there are mean people posting. It's a big challenge to make all these changes at once but I'm feeling so good and it's probably due to all thes things together so I am very motivated to keep at it. I feel strong and I'm going to stick to my plan this time. I owe it to myself and my kids.

Stay strong everybody! We are all so worth it.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job truth

Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 4 & cutting out the caffeine
Old 12-18-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Great job on four days truth.

As a fellow sufferer of anxiety, I too have to be very careful with coffee. I will often have one in the morning, but then switch to decaf or I get super anxious and jumpy.

Keep it up!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job, Truth. I'm right behind you at four days after my recent relapse. I, too, cut back on caffeine, back in April or May. I rarely have coffee or caffeinated soda any longer, but do sometimes have a cup of green or black tea in the morning at work. It's not as much caffeine as coffee, but still perks me up a bit. Plus, it seems to be easier on my stomach.

There are also plenty of great herbal teas out there without caffeine, if you're looking to replace coffee. It took me a while to get accustomed to the taste difference, but now I prefer tea over coffee.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic Truthseeker!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

that's fantastic, Thruthseeker! Keep it up!
Old 12-18-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Great job, Truthseeker. Do you have a plan to make it thru the holidays?
I am trying to stay calm because anxiety is a trigger.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 12-18-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Are you doing AA?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice job!
Since I gave up alcohol, I've had very little problems with anxiety. And, I used to have a hard time even waiting in a line of cars because I felt trapped.
Sometimes a complete overhaul is the change that's needed. Keep posting your progress.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Step12 View Post
Are you doing AA?
I'm not, but I've bookmarked the schedule of the local meetings in case I feel I need to go.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Great job, Truthseeker. Do you have a plan to make it thru the holidays?
I am trying to stay calm because anxiety is a trigger.
I don't have a plan but Ive gotten used to holidays being a bummer with so little family left so I don't think it will affect me too much. And this year I've got my kids, and I bought them some games for Christmas we can all enjoy so I plan on having fun with them during their winter break. We are likely going out to eat on Christmas and I absolutely plan to have iced tea not wine even though it's always been my thing to have wine. My kids will be pleased. My youngest who is ten asks me often if I'm still done drinking and I don't want to let her down.

I think this new diet is helping keep my mind off drinking because I spend a lot of time looking at food blogs and making recipes. I plan to make a coffee cake on Christmas morning and my special treat will be a cup of coffee, whereas once upon a time my husband at the time would make mimosas for us. He is pretty much sober now too which I'm grateful for, for my kids. I didn't know what is was like to not have your parent drink every day to cope with life, and I don't want my kids to grow up that way too.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

4 days - how fabulous. It's great to hear your optimism, Truth.