SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New to this (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/401935-new.html)

Behere 12-16-2016 09:53 PM

New to this

Not sure where to post or what to say..but I'm here!

shockozulu 12-16-2016 09:57 PM

Welcome Behere. We all started out where you are today so know we all understand having been here ourselves.

Opivotal 12-16-2016 10:12 PM

Welcome Behere!

So nice to meet you. :)

Please feel free to tell us a little about yourself, and how we can lend support.

Ghostlight1 12-16-2016 10:18 PM

Hello and welcome. You're in the right place. Take a look around and post away!

Behere 12-16-2016 10:29 PM

Thanks all. Just trying to figure myself out and stay healthy.

I go months without drinking due to being out of town for work and it's fine. Like no issue at all. But as soon as I'm back home I tend to fall back into the trap of drinking. Why?

Dee74 12-16-2016 10:46 PM

Welcome :)

Read around and post as much as you like - we're here to help :)

D

Soberwolf 12-16-2016 10:48 PM

Welcome BeHere nice to meet you

Ghostlight1 12-17-2016 12:32 AM

Maybe home is your comfort zone. In my early stages, I wouldn't drink the night before work. As my drinking advanced, I drank AT work. Which was perfectly okay in the trade I was in as long as I wasn't falling down drunk.
I worked with a lot of alcoholics. Some of them are dead now and that's where I was headed.
At the end I was injured (sober) and drank around the clock. I was out of control.
I drank like that for ten years.
I don't know about you. Maybe you have more responsibilities while traveling that keep you sober.
Wish I could help more. But I can relate.

FreedomCA 12-17-2016 12:32 AM

Hope your sobriety is going well.

Berrybean 12-17-2016 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Behere (Post 6248507)
Thanks all. Just trying to figure myself out and stay healthy.

I go months without drinking due to being out of town for work and it's fine. Like no issue at all. But as soon as I'm back home I tend to fall back into the trap of drinking. Why?

Why??

Maybe you're not going to find out 'why'. Do you need to? Could you settle with finding a way not to? If so, here it is, don't take the first drink - no matter where you are.

If you're on a sinking ship, do you hang around to figure out why it started sinking, or do you just get off and into a life-raft double-quick?? Choice is yours, as it was mine.

Wishing you all the best for a happy, serene and sober future.

Meraviglioso 12-17-2016 01:05 AM

Often times, in fact I'd say most of the time, we never figure out why. It just is what it is as annoying/frustrating/anger-inducing as that is. But we can figure out the way out, there is a solution. It is not an easy one, but entirely do-able, we just stop drinking. We are all here to support you in that journey as you here to support us, we are all in this together.

PurpleKnight 12-18-2016 08:56 AM

Welcome to the Forum Behere!! :wave:

PhoenixJ 12-18-2016 08:57 AM

:grouphug: