Notices

Sober friday nights @ SoberRecovery

Old 12-16-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sober friday nights @ SoberRecovery

When I was in early recovery like the first few months the weekend especially Friday's in particular were really hard to deal with I thought about everyone out drinking and doing things I was resolved to not doing no more luckily I had my favourite AA meeting on a Friday I went most days but the Friday meeting always helped especially in early recovery

I didn't know about SR back then and after coming back from a meeting I'd normally watch tv and journal about my day reflecting on my experiences thoughts & actions

Since joining SR I see a lot of Newcomers scared & nervous about getting through the weekend as i once was im here to tell you not only does it get better but youl start to love your Friday nights sober for a whole other reason you get to relax & plan a weekend ahead you won't be waking up from a blackout or suffer a hangover from hell youl get so much from spending your Friday night sober youl eventually be like I was missing out on this because of drinking ?!?! what was I thinking !?!?

If your a guest know you have our full support & if your new to this welcome aboard you don't have to do this alone

Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy sober weekend SW
Old 12-16-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Thanks SW, i'm certainly enjoying my sober Friday night
Old 12-16-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread sw. It's so called mad Friday here in the UK. Least we'll wake up sober and not have a wasted weekend.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

That's it ... in this together

I'm watching the new season of man in the high castle I'm confused by it

What has everyone been up to tonight ?
Old 12-16-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been sorting washing, finishing work bits and bobs, bit of TV, I ate some porridge too!
Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Go Saskia x
Old 12-16-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Watched a really funny dvd and laughed till it hurt! Been off work ill for 2 days and finally feeling some improvement. Hope everyone has a good weekend
Old 12-16-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Ive just been watching Star Wars again. The third one (in release order). Such a good movie
Old 12-16-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have to admit, I kind of like running into people Saturday or Sunday mornings. I can tell they are not feeling 100% and I am very happy I'm not dealing with that anymore. And its all because I stayed sober on those difficult Friday nights.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It's been a wild work week. Since getting home, I've had a chocolate (two actually), a nice nap, and plan to watch several episodes of Stranger Things while catching up with all of you amazing people here. Sobriety is so good!

Oh, and I may try crocheting again. But I don't think it's my "thing". Lol
Old 12-16-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Almost through my first day back on the sober train after six days of drinking. Just using SR to get me through the rest of the night and hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow. I'm so glad to not be drinking tonight.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome Readyatlast glad your feeling a bit better and had a laugh

Return of the Jedi B ? great film

Good not waking up rough Jeff isn't it

Stranger things is awesome and made better with chocolate rest & SR - enjoy Conquest PS mrs sw & her mum can do crochet too I think it's so awesome the things she has made

For any guests & newcomers reading this I've bumped some great threads by Dee74 in Newcomers to recovery & the Alcoholism section they are all worth reading & bookmarking

if you like you could print them off & put it in your recovery journals for further reading

& While I'm at it I've been re reading The Chimp Paradox by Dr/Prof Steve Peters it is a excellent book that has helped me time & again & is a book I recommend highly & find seriously effective

Still Watching MITHC have a great day/afternoon/night wherever you are in the world

Night x

Old 12-16-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
Almost through my first day back on the sober train after six days of drinking. Just using SR to get me through the rest of the night and hopefully feel a bit better tomorrow. I'm so glad to not be drinking tonight.
With you all the way Sobes
Old 12-16-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
sober style

Just got a package on my porch from Amazon, new 100-piece jigsaw puzzle and a pound of beef jerky. Gonna get crazy tonight!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love Beef Jerky SD enjoy the puzzle my friend

Right I'm off spk to everyone tomorrow goodnight
Old 12-17-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Just got a package on my porch from Amazon, new 100-piece jigsaw puzzle and a pound of beef jerky. Gonna get crazy tonight!
haha, I meant 1000. 100 wouldn't be much of a challenge. I generally do 1000s and 500s.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had a lovely sober Friday night. I'd been asked to do a share at an AA meeting in my neighbouring city, so I arranged for some of my AA friends to meet up for a quick dinner at my favourite Bistro there, then come with me to the meeting. It was an evening of lovely company, and seeing some people there who I haven't seen for a year or two. My share wasn't necessarily exciting, but hopefully people hot something out if it that helped them. We then had a looooong drive home as it was very foggy, but that was fine as it was one more chance for chatting and laughing with my fellow recovering alcoholics. Felt very loved, safe and happy all evening, even in the fog.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ugh, I had an annoying Friday night at a dinner with some people who got very drunk. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable. Tonight though I've got a nice night planned in. I am cooking up some fresh spinach- my favourite food (weird, I know!) and my boyfriend got some freshly made ricotta from a local farmer. We are going to eat it with some honey drizzled over it. Then a movie night on the couch with warm blankets. There is really funny Italian comedy that just came out on DVD, he is trying to get that but it had been out each time we have gone to rent it- fingers crossed... Otherwise he'll pick something else. Either way it will be great to have a night in from the cold together.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
haha, I meant 1000. 100 wouldn't be much of a challenge. I generally do 1000s and 500s.
SD
I've been doing puzzles to keep my hands busy it helps with not drinking not eating 😊