Notices

74 hours sober

Old 12-17-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mera, Snaggin, Excellent going. That nicotine habit is brain and social related, for now it brings you a refuge and you can step out when others are drinking. With that said, I look forward to your quitting cigs so you can look back and remember the day you quit that habit as well as drinking. You will just feel so much healthier. Take it easy on yourself, one day at a time
Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum SnagginSobriety!!
Old 12-18-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going Snaggin?

D
Old 12-18-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

I'm sober 11 years. I can tell you why. You get everything you have always wanted
Old 12-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I ****** up

I made DAY 10 and my unsupportive trigger of a husband lead me to a "**** it" attitude.
Literally DAY TEN. What a loser I am, I was so close, then I LIED to my chronically drunk friend who wanted go sober (I motivated her).

Feeling ****** tonight folks. I should've checked in BEFORE 9pm.

Tomorrow is another day? So upset
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hows it going Snaggin?

D
Old 12-22-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try not to beat yourself up too much, You've shown you can be sober 0 maybe you just need to flesh out the plan a little more for when people annoy you, let you down etc.

Things like that will happen...so it's really important you have support to use when you need it, and you know in advance ways to respond that won't lead to you drinking.

D
Old 12-22-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you D

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Try not to beat yourself up too much, You've shown you can be sober 0 maybe you just need to flesh out the plan a little more for when people annoy you, let you down etc.

Things like that will happen...so it's really important you have support to use when you need it, and you know in advance ways to respond that won't lead to you drinking.

D
Old 12-22-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Once we know that we can do it because we have done it before --
we learn from our lessons and just start over yet again.
I had several of these before I made a serious decision to stop for good.
Hang tight through the night,
Bob
Old 12-22-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

What do I do? I have so many people cheering and encouraging me. So many "I'm proud of you!" How do I face that on my sober clock? Do I lie? Can I lie? No one knows.. they will all be so disappointed and my husband will SHAME me with a bunch of "I knew you couldn't last." What do I do? I can't lie and I can't tell the truth? Do I just say, yea I sat here and drank my wine while watching shameless and chilled out by myself because I felt unsupported? Ugh
Old 12-22-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

No reason to lie, make a decision for yourself, not for others. Getting sober and staying sober is for yourself, sure everyone will be happy for you becoming sober, but in the long run, staying sober has to be for your own welfare. Take care and stay with us
Old 12-22-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnagginSobriety View Post
Hi everyone, I'm 72 hours sober, so hard. Struggling and sad and sick.. just looking for a high functioning alcoholic to tell me why to keep it up.. thanks in advance.
Not going to lie, the first month is a monster. Especially around the holidays. I was considered a very high functioning drunk for about 8 years. A lot of people around me had no idea how much booze I had to plow through just to get straight. Stick with it, it's totally worth it. It certainly comes with unforseen struggles but if you can just hold out for a while, it gets easier. I've got a little over 2 years sober and believe me, I still have my own internal issues, but at least I'm sober. That will make sense to you later. For now, just stick with it. I know it sucks, but it won't suck forever.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:24 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnagginSobriety View Post
I made DAY 10 and my unsupportive trigger of a husband lead me to a "**** it" attitude.
Literally DAY TEN. What a loser I am, I was so close, then I LIED to my chronically drunk friend who wanted go sober (I motivated her).

Feeling ****** tonight folks. I should've checked in BEFORE 9pm.

Tomorrow is another day? So upset
Hi, if it's any consolation, I think your doing well with your current situation. I was in a similar situation. I wanted to quit, but my ex live in girlfriend was very unsupportive, to say the least. Based on my experience, it's very difficult to get sober with an unsupportive parisite telling you can't or that you shouldn't. It's a means of control, manipulative and f****d up as it is, it works. I don't know you or your circumstances but maybe you should consider a change with your partner. It may be the healthiest thing you can do.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Failed

I suck and failed. I wanted post on here but started a blog on here.. I don't want a blog, I need help and advice.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think having a plan is a good thing Snag. Why not read through this and get a few ideas?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 01-12-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee I will try this

[QUOTE=Dee74;6287988]I think having a plan is a good thing Snag. Why not read through this and get a few ideas?