# 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Morning everyone x
And morning from me to xx
Old 12-16-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy Sober Friday Morning folks!

-2 with WC of -30. I is home for the day! Work from home too. No reason to brave that kind of cold. I have my tree lite and the fluffy slippers on and the warm kitty next to me.

K
Old 12-16-2016, 02:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Happy sober evening folks.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you have had a nice day D Phoenix & any others 'south' of the hemisphere
Old 12-16-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone! It's good to see so many new faces here!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad your dad is a little better Petals - sorry about the near miss - I had one of those yesterday too

Welcome to all the new faces

You've seen my opening posts, right?

LOL

D
HaHa! I had to leave out loads of stuff myself Dee, it was turning into an embryonic War and Peace. I would be happy to take some OP duties of you in the New Year (cannot do xmas week itself- sorry)

bemyself, well done for posting through this. I hope you can find some Aussie bloody-mindedness and kick the AV up the backside.

-2 Ken! I am hoping that is Celcius but have a feeling it is Farenheit, in which case yikes!

You can tell it is a Friday and Xmas party day at work, i have come under sustained nerf gun attack. Trust me, retaliation is imminent...
Old 12-16-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

good morning weekenders!

I am up early. I am doing two classes at the gym this morning. Step aerobics & a class that works your core!

If you are thinking about drinking today do anything but run to the store. Find something to keep your mind busy. Clean closets, play on your phone, chat on here, make a nice meal...etc. You got this.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
You can tell it is a Friday and Xmas party day at work, i have come under sustained nerf gun attack. Trust me, retaliation is imminent...
Go get 'em, Galactic Overlord!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey all, late getting in here at 8:55am but as usual the dogs have had me up since 0430. Wife's Birthday today and we are babysitting our 1 year old granddaughter!
I am sneaking off this afternoon to pick up the catering (Brisket, Potato Salad, baked beans, garlic bread) for the surprise birthday party! Shhhhhhh......

Daughter bringing the cake!

A damn good reason NOT TO DRINK!!!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

SW, thanks for the song. That one popped into my head too when I saw the thread title.

Petals, I hope that your dad continues to improve. Being home is usually much more comfortable.

It has been really cold here and today it's relatively balmy because it's not below zero (fahrenheit). Bundle up!

I found that if I ate ice cream when I had an urge, it really, really took the edge off. Anything sweet helps but ice cream was a life saver. And also not forgetting HALT. That was critical.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Agreed Ruby - ice cream rocks when it comes to taking the edge off drinking urges

I dealt with them severely Venny!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs quitter

OK i'm off to office party. Although only a small firm (50 approx) we still have several religious/dietary variations but fortunately the restaurant we are going to caters for all. The bonus is that I am not the only non drinker. For those that do there is dancing/clubbing later which I shall not be attending.

Catch ya laters!
Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

quitter62- that meal sounds awesome! what a fun day!!

the classes at the gym were fun. We did the step aerobics to Christmas music and then I had italian beef for lunch.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

have fun Sao!
Old 12-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'm in for Friday!
Old 12-16-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

Hope everyone is well.

I've decided to sell my TV to help with finances and found a buyer already who is going to get it tomorrow. And now I can't find documents that went with TV when I bought it.

Ok. Maybe I should go to sleep and think it over with a clear head tomorrow.

Have a good day, everyone)
Old 12-16-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning, dears.
Thanks for encouragement Sao!

Little to report so far (it's only 6.45 am, been up as usual since 5.30 - Bessie, the dog, seems to have appointed herself House Alarm Clock over the years).

Just on the couch in dressing gown, doing my usual rituals of online, bits of recovery readings from a host of sources, coffees (and filthy fags), and quite a few episodes of Just Being. Oh, and did I mention: watching the morning-mind-chatter - the stream of Stuff that comes and goes. The Buddhist term 'monkey mind' is so apt!

Sober today, yeah? [Just noticed, right there - with that innocuous question mark - is AV. Wish there was a smilie for blowing a raspberry ]
Old 12-16-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Bemyself, that is a nice way to start the day. I really like the term "monkey mind" or "squirrel cage". All describe scattered, random, frantic thinking.

Sao, enjoy the party. Hopefully they feed you well.

MB, what kind of documents do you need? Original sales papers or instructions? Most instructions are available online so that shouldn't be a huge issue. Sleep always helps.

Our office is having a party this afternoon too. I totally forgot about it. Pizza and snacks. No alcohol involved. Therefore, no pressure. The only issue is that I was mentally playing hooky this morning, totally forgetting I had to prepare files for Monday afternoon. Rats. Busy busy busy now.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

My Friday has been pretty quiet and relaxing. I'm on holiday from work so I've just been chilling out all week. Today i went and got some bloods done at the hospital. They are testing me for a couple of things as a result of neurological issues I've been having. The consultant I saw wasn't too worried and as a result, neither am i.

As always with early sobriety , i'm eating ALL THE FOOD. Seriously, my appetite is insatiable at the moment.

Its nice to be having a sober Friday, just chilling now watching the football. I've done a fair bit of recovery reading today so may treat myself with a Star Wars film later!
Old 12-16-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Do your best

Evening everyone watching all new Man in the high castle episode 3 and I'm confused already

Hello to everyone and any newcomers & guests

Old 12-16-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hello Friday and weekends are triggers for me
But I'm so happy to be off work early this evening, warm and home and cozy inside!
I have a lasagna in the oven and fresh bread and I'm going to relax and watch tv for now
Happy sober Friday night all!