# 1 (permalink)  

Off The Wagon

I dunno what else to say.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why?
Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jump back on before it gets too far down the road to catch it.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Agree with Blue. Put the brakes on before it gets out of control. The longer you wait, the harder it gets.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I went off the wagon about 18 months ago. Started slowly, but surely. It ended with hospitalization in ICU six months ago and after thousands of broken promises to self to stop.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's time to rethink this and stop now. Get back to your sobriety.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Do you work a program or have a plan, kinzoku? Do you have face-to-face support? Can you call a friend to take you to a meeting?

Please put the glass down and get rid of the liquor in your house. Please do whatever it takes so that this episode does not become disastrously permanent. Get back on that wagon; it's going to a good place.

If you don't work a Plan or have a program, below is a great thread to read:http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst
Old 12-14-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
How about saying "I am an alcoholic and I will not drink today, no matter what".
Old 12-14-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can relate. Posting here is a good thing. But do you have a contact/AA sponsor you can call for help?

I fell off the wagon about 2 years ago, after drinking non stop for 6 days i called an AA friend and said can you help me.

He picked me up and we went to a meeting, he bought me a Wendy's combo and told me to eat it, drink a liter of water and go to bed and call him the next day.

I did what was asked. And have been in contact with him (or another AA/recovery member EVERY day since)

Don't try to do it on your own. In my personal experience it NEVER works long term.

You're not alone.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh! I did not ask why to instill fear or cause harm in any way. I wish I could offer you my hand to help you back on.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kinzoku View Post
"Remember that we deal with alcohol-cunning, baffling, powerful!".

3 very frequently repeated words. So much so that I take them for granted. But there is no better way to describe alcoholism. Why in the face of utter defeat do I continue to pick up? Why do I continue to worship alcohol and give it complete power over me?

Because I'm an alcoholic, and I'm wired to do it. I cannot stay sober alone. I need help. Sure, I can get myself so sick and desperate that I can eventually stop. Sometimes for quite a while. But I always go back if left to my own devices.

There are a lot of different types of help. But an absolute willingness and acceptance are the start of any recovery.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
"Remember that we deal with alcohol-cunning, baffling, powerful!".

3 very frequently repeated words. So much so that I take them for granted. But there is no better way to describe alcoholism. Why in the face of utter defeat do I continue to pick up? Why do I continue to worship alcohol and give it complete power over me?

Because I'm an alcoholic, and I'm wired to do it. I cannot stay sober alone. I need help. Sure, I can get myself so sick and desperate that I can eventually stop. Sometimes for quite a while. But I always go back if left to my own devices.

There are a lot of different types of help. But an absolute willingness and acceptance are the start of any recovery.
three, three, three!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

You came here and posted, so you are listening to so me sort of higher power. That is the force you need to tap into to succeed, and there is access to it by reading and posting here.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope you can find your way back because the lesson is the same but the effects can be from feeling bad to disease to jail (with life-changing side-effects) or death. Giving up the drinking is a small sacrifice for the benefit of being able to deal with life and thrive without avoidable strife. Much love and I wish you the best Kinzoku!
Old 12-14-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Kinzoku, I just read a bunch of your posts. Ive seen you post before but I guess I never kept up. It was fascinating to me the similarities I felt to my own experiences when reading your posts. Our circumstances are quite different but the relationship to alcohol seems similar.

Then I got to where you had the one sip of beer. I was on the edge of my seat hoping you didnt drink the beer. And you didnt, but for that sip. And reading whats happened since was quite heartbreaking. Not even so much due to the fact that I am sad for you, but for myself. Because I know that is my story too. I cant have that one sip of beer or I am screwed. Maybe not that day or the next but it will happen.

Wishing you the best and hoping you can get a foothold in sobriety again real soon.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
Kinzoku, I just read a bunch of your posts. Ive seen you post before but I guess I never kept up. It was fascinating to me the similarities I felt to my own experiences when reading your posts. Our circumstances are quite different but the relationship to alcohol seems similar.

Then I got to where you had the one sip of beer. I was on the edge of my seat hoping you didnt drink the beer. And you didnt, but for that sip. And reading whats happened since was quite heartbreaking. Not even so much due to the fact that I am sad for you, but for myself. Because I know that is my story too. I cant have that one sip of beer or I am screwed. Maybe not that day or the next but it will happen.

Wishing you the best and hoping you can get a foothold in sobriety again real soon.
I appreciate that.

Its so crazy that it started at that sip. but it did.

Every year that I age I realize that the cliches in life are true. That stories repeat themselves.

It's like a movie. I played it back over in my head as I lay there with a hangover (I still have one) this morning.

One sip.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
saoutchik

We have all been there Kinzoku

Don't spend too much time beating yourself up about drinking, it won't change anything. I'm sure you will get your mind in the right place and that is what it will take. I know from my own experience that once I was in the right place mentally the cravings became much less frequent and much less severe

I remember several months ago you saying you were good at "white knuckling," that is a great asset to have but if you can really occupy your mind with something else then you don't have to do so much of that - thank goodness too I say because I am absolutely useless at white knuckling

Good luck
Old 12-14-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

K- you posted here. Some one asked why? There are a lot of why's I can think of. Lots of questions, support here. Prayers to you, keep posting. PJ
Old 12-14-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
K- you posted here. Some one asked why? There are a lot of why's I can think of. Lots of questions, support here. Prayers to you, keep posting. PJ
Because I want to be sober again.

Thankyou for your prayers.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

"Off The Wagon"...

Sucks down there, doesn't it...here, grab our hands and we'll help you back up.