Notices

Day 4

Old 12-12-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Hello.
Day 4, weather's beautiful outside, the sun's bringing me alot of positive thinking. Cravings are brutal and frequent, every time my mood becomes happy, I then notice it's happy, and then it changes to fear and self loathing. Its an effort to keep it up there. I've been reading this site every five minutes I have to myself and it helps alot. Just feeling like you're not alone does so much on it's own. You all have been a huge help this time around and I'm hopeful. Mood swings and scatter brain are a horrible combo, I've decided.

Thank you all.
K
Old 12-12-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Kyng, I don't know if this helps, but I know that in very early recovery I absolutely had to keep myself busy or I would lose my mind. It got to a point where even mundane tasks, like washing dishes, I would divert my entire attention to them, being very careful to ensure every square inch of each dish was clean. It sounds silly, but it kept my mind focused on SOMETHING besides having a drink. If you can't stay busy doing things you enjoy, give your full attention to whatever it is you're doing. Just keep your mind busy.
Good luck, and great work on Day 4.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mood swings and scatter brain are a horrible combo, I've decided.

I'm upset and I don't know WHY! LOL

hang in there.....you're on the pendulum ride and it's still got some swinging to do, but if you hang on for dear life, don't drink even if your tukkus falls off, things will settle down and you'll spend more time passing over center.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh. Day 4 was my Armageddon. But it was the lowest point, so hang in there...it's hardly a linear process, but it does get better!
Old 12-12-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job on day 4 & checking in with SR
Old 12-12-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you have a sense of pride for not giving in to those cravings. You should be proud. GOOD JOB.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In addition to the above suggestions, drink lots of water and eat something every few hours. I find it helps me keep my blood sugar up and helps my mood. A lot of alcoholics are hypoglycemic...
Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job using SR as a tool to keep going!!

In the beginning, I was very sick and slept a lot- and I too also had to find things to occupy myself. My concentration level was (very!) poor but still did stuff like binge watching Netflix, movies, anything. Pace yourself- keep yourself busy and distracted- soon it will be day 5.....

See you around!
Old 12-12-2016, 05:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'd say do whatever it is that you feel like. What I mean is - if you want pizza at 3.20 a.m, have pizza. The fattiest one. If you want to binge watch 2 seasons of a series, do exactly that. If you want to sleep, well ... just snore. The first 4-7 days are the most fragile.
From my own experience, I kept myself disciplined from only one perspective - not going out for that drink. Everything else was what it was. I made it through - so will you.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get easier Kyng - hang in there - have faith.
You're on the right road

D
Old 12-12-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What's going on with you right now is exactly what's supposed to be going on. You're doing great. Some pretty sage advice offered up. I did literally anything in the early days, except drink alcohol. People are telling you it will get better and quiet down over time and you're probably thinking "how is that possible?". It just does.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very proud of you for reaching Day 4, kyng. I felt the same way - but everything settled down. You will begin to heal as you get free of it's grips. Life will be good again.