Notices

I can do this or can I?

Old 12-09-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can do this or can I?

So im at the start of day 6, its 2am in the morning and im feeling irritated and unsettled. Sweating seems to be better, heart feels normal but headaches have started as brain starts healing and wondering what the hell is going on.
AV was loud today with thoughts of just drinking at the weekend but had to remind myself that I tried that and it didnt work.
I suppose one reason im struggling a bit is a few weeks ago i had one of those " this is why i drink days" the sort you get about once a year or probably after 30 yrs of drinking once every five years.
Now im not daft and know the damage i do to myself while drinking and chasing these moments and know logically its not worth it but it does give the AV some strength to tease me with.
Tomorrow im going to lunch in a pub with two friends , only one of them will be drinking and I like not drinking around this drinker as it annoys him that i have stopped and that gives me continued motivation- a bit sadistic but hay ho whatever works.
Anyway I suppose i better try to sleep- keep strong everyone
Old 12-09-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are sticking close by. Are you sure going to the pub for lunch is a good idea? Is there the possibility to meet somewhere else?
Old 12-09-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you can do it - I think anyone can. I think hanging around in pubs makes a hard road even harder tho...

I know it's a social thing in the UK.,..it's a social thing her in Oz too - but I met my mates elsewhere for a while.

D
Old 12-09-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do it! Of course, you can do it. I couldn't be around people who were drinking though, not for quite some time.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm with everyone else on this on, Jtmlk. You can definitely get & stay sober, if you make the changes that you'll need to make. In my early days -- months -- it was a really bad idea to go places people were drinking. Even though it didn't "make me drink", it put my head in thoughts -- negative or positive -- about drinking, and that was just not a place my head should be.

Why do that to yourself? Why annoy your friend? Beg off this date with a wave. You can have lunch with them when you're not on Day 7.