Notices

Holidays blues..

Old 12-08-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holidays blues..

91 days today.... but as its been for a good portion of these past years..I Just don't got the sprit. I find my self reflecting on the past before alcohol cunsumed my life..they where great times.But the last few years it's been bahumbug for me Stil. I remove this alcohol and the behaviors of the drink but the mind is still very drunk ...the antisocial ,shame and hurt is still going strong ..I try to shakeit and somtim leave my comfort zone, to do some of the celebration with the new family, but that leads to resentment just got to take it easy and except the fact that this too shall past....I DID NOT DRINK TODAY
Old 12-08-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jeffrey, congratulations on 91 days. I had a really hard time with shame and guilt and couldn't shake it. Someone suggested journaling which wasn't something I wanted to do, but I was desperate so gave it a try. It really helped. Writing out the negative thoughts and feelings took away much of their power.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 91 is fantastic Jeffrey!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 12-09-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

91 days and a jingle bell.. kiddo I know what you are going thro really.. miss my family my children as little people and my grands .. now I am the 66 year old.. so do this stop stop feeling sorry for yourself.. bottom line kiddo that is what we are doing.. oh boo hoo.. play some of those great movies that you have such a good time with pop corn .. make fudge never have give it a try.. have 7 up with lime and cranberry juice.. and bring out the photos put them up on the tree and talk to them like they are right there.. I have a photo my fav of 62 years. Aunt Polly and Uncle Earl.. at their house on the farm.. Christmas 1954 with me not far from them.. I remember that Christmas very much.. the men always tried to out do each other with a diamond for the wife.. and the wives always tried to out do each other with a coin for the hubbies.. farmers with great land and cattle and money.. I have a santa stocking that I got with some money from my Aunt Polly's will.. he is my best friend and has the will with me in it inside his stocking kiddo forever he will hang not far from my tree and my memories.... love prayers for a better tomorrow.. a lady clown...
Old 12-09-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

Old 12-09-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am a journalling fan as well, jeffrey. Something about physically writing unlocks stuff in my brain and helps me to see more clearly.