Notices

Lists

Old 12-07-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
just curious for you list-builders: do you use pen and paper always or maybe something like an app or google? or does it matter?
It's situational, some activities won't require a computer so I write it out
Old 12-07-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
totfit

Absolutely, not crazy. I think making lists a great idea and I myself did it and still do it from time to time. Anything that helps you focus is a good tool. Most definitely helps with the small details of the day and the first thing on your list, "eat breakfast", is likely one of the most important.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Totally devoted list maker here. I have a big planner we call the HDP (Holy Day Planner). I write down everything. The first five recovery things I do every morning, then cross them off. Work and appointments, including AA mtgs. Bills to pay. People to call/text/make plans with....notes and verses and recovery or other learning material thoughts.....all of it!
Old 12-07-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Living the life

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Totally devoted list maker here. I have a big planner we call the HDP (Holy Day Planner). I write down everything. The first five recovery things I do every morning, then cross them off. Work and appointments, including AA mtgs. Bills to pay. People to call/text/make plans with....notes and verses and recovery or other learning material thoughts.....all of it!
I have recently started something similar. I started a notebook to track all of the work being done, contacts, etc. when dealing with a house flood. I found I really liked writing it down on paper because I tend to commit it to memory better than when I type it into a keyboard. Mr. Troy bought me a beautiful notebook cover at a silent auction and I am now using that with the notebook as a sort of daily diary. I try to write down anything that I may want to remember to do or even just things I want to think about later. It is an all-purpose catch-all of my scattered thoughts. I have never been one to keep a journal but I suppose this isn't all that different even if I don't regularly have deep thoughts to journal about lol.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I make lists all the time; for tasks, for needed things at the market, for sequencing my cooking for parties, etc. Since it was asked I'm a paper and pencil/pen guy; my kids use their smart phones 100% of the time for such things.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Was going to respond earlier but forgot to put it on my list...

List fiend here. My husband was helping clean out my dad's hellhole/office a few months ago (which was my bedroom until I went to college) and found one of my lists from 1974. I was 14. It starts early!
Old 12-07-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No harm in using what works, in early Sobriety I was always forgetting things, my head was all over the place, but it will adjust in time!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 12-07-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I love that there's so many list makers over there. I really have a hard time reeling myself in so it's really helpful! It really makes things happen
Old 12-07-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I have lists everywhere! I keep my diary open in my home office and fill that in, I have posts it notes stuck to the diary, I have a whiteboard on my office wall with more notes and lists, and an extra wall semester planner for my uni which has lists and notes all over.
My brain isn't functioning at full capacity again yet and I swear without a list my kids would have no food haha!!!