Notices

Aussie weather. Xmas. No booze- coping

Old 12-09-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Missy P- Good for you. Of course living in perfect Adelaide I know (yes, uh-huh, I do) the only thing wrong with Melbourne- is Melbourne. (joking- haha). Hope your weird Victorian weather settles for you. Our used weather is nice today. WA seems to be having ok new weather. How is Xmas fairing up for you?
Old 12-09-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Missy P- Good for you. Of course living in perfect Adelaide I know (yes, uh-huh, I do) the only thing wrong with Melbourne- is Melbourne. (joking- haha). Hope your weird Victorian weather settles for you. Our used weather is nice today. WA seems to be having ok new weather. How is Xmas fairing up for you?
I love the Adelaide sense of humour - slightly deluded but we Melburnians tolerate it

I'm running away to South America for Christmas. I'm jumping on a plane to Peru in a week's time, going up to the Amazon, then trekking to Machu Picchu. Full on itinerary. I won't have time to think about Christmas! Already apologised to family but they are used to me getting on a plane any chance I get.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

May the gentle wind be at your back, with a bright new day stretching before you with joy and the possibilities life can offer.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I live up here in the Northern Hemisphere. Christmas in hot weather sounds completely foreign to me, lol. Going to the beach after unwrapping presents would be strange! But the drinking is the same no matter where you are, so we all have to keep an eye on that!
Old 12-10-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Interesting BL- you are 'up there' and I am 'down here'. You upper's call us lot from 'down under'. So you guys are 'up over's '. Interesting, being in an informal recovery program that, as part of it gives cheaper accommodation with mandatory counselling for addiction. Obvious rule- no booze or drugs on site but come and go as one pleases. At least 30% (about) drink off site to the point they are breathz'd on return. Go figure. Xmas and the current weather certainly play a role in their behaviour. Booze seen as better than drugs.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, v-e-r-y hot today. Close to 38. Feeling xmas stress, not being with family. So exercise, study, SR and lots of water.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope its less warm for you today PJ.

D