Notices

Did you hide your addiction?

Old 12-05-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I used to hide in the bathroom during class in highschool, drinking beer as fast as possible, just to get through the day. 20 years later, I am finally trying to accept a life without alcohol
Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes. I had the public bottle, a fifth of vodka, in the freezer. I had the refill bottle behind cans in the cupboard. I wanted the illusion that it was emptying much more slowly than it was.

I hid in many textbook ways. Jacket pocket quart of vodka.

When traveling I would bring a handle in my suitcase and keep it in the suitcase the whole trip. I would make a drink in the kitchen (host's vodka) when it was offered by the host. I would then casually go to the bedroom and refill it with my vodka. Over the course of the night I would probably have three drinks of the host's vodka and about 8 to 10 of my own. When the hosts went to sleep I would continue drinking late into the night in their living room in silence. If they woke up and wondered why I was awake so late I would lie and say I couldn't sleep .
Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I got creative. I hid Drambuie bottles in the bottom of my Grandfather Clock. That was nearly fifty years ago. The clock's been empty for a long,long time!

W.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jessie65 View Post
I did some crazy (and kinda gross!) stuff. I used to drink half a bottle of beer and fill it back up with vodka so everybody just thought I was drinking beer. Eeeeww
I hid bottles all over too, still finding them around actually. I had some hidden in the bathroom cabinets that were recently discovered by my husband.
That was/is my worst nightmare!! In fact, my paranoia over him finding out how much I was drinking and how much I had hid, was what made me realize I couldn't live like that anymore.

Originally Posted by Bananas44 View Post
Always hiding. Even hiding the bottle while driving, taking swigs after cars pass. I'm so ashamed of that.
I second that, not proud at all.

Badge