SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Faith Weekender 01-04 December 2016 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/401188-faith-weekender-01-04-december-2016-a.html)

saoutchik 12-04-2016 10:24 AM

Fantastic to see you Soberwolf! I hope everything is going well in SW world. Good to see that you have a Penguin based avatar, it's about time:)

Dee i forgot to say thank you for your actions earlier, good man.

Tetra i think you are a lot better placed than some single mum in her teens or early twenties or some over extended banker praying for a decent bonus to cover all his or her committments. Having all the things you mentioned would not make you a better person. You're doing fine

theVman31 12-04-2016 10:29 AM

That was a grand weekend :)

saoutchik 12-04-2016 10:32 AM

I saw my daughter tell a customer at her market stall that a hat really suited her. I am amazed that girl doesn't have a foot long nose. Still what do I know about fashion

Soberwolf 12-04-2016 11:03 AM

Just realised its my first Penguin avatar Sao lol

I've been ok just focusing on myself a lot more not just sobriety but my private life too but on the whole I feel good I won't tell fibs and say I didn't miss SR or my friends here

The plan is to be here over December and taking a similar break in 2017 until spring

Just back from taking the pooch out my ears are roasting now because it's quite cold outside

RedAndy 12-04-2016 12:50 PM

Great to see the generosity of people and local businesses today at the Rucksack project we were helping out at - a great facility and all self funded without any government grants etc, open 365 days a year to help the homeless, the building they are now in was opened in 2009 and offers so much to so many with so little.

In the entrance hall there was a tree of remembrance with pictures of many people who had been helped over the years with the service they offer but sadly passed away - rather poignant and hard hitting and a humbling experience all round, I truly feared I was heading down that path until I managed to get a grip of things and can understand how things can spiral so far out of control.

saoutchik 12-04-2016 01:04 PM

Great job on helping out RedAndy, i am always impressed with the number of selfless people that i read about on SR. It sounds like a really great charity and i expect both they and you are needed more than ever right now.

Midwest1981 12-04-2016 01:16 PM

a few days I posted about having to see someone who really hurt my feelings in the past today and that I could have avoided it if I wanted too. Well I ran into the person today just like I thought I would and it went fine. We said Hi and that was it. I didn't waste to much time on this person but I didn't avoid him either. SO yeah!!! I am really happy I got that over with. I do think it was important not to avoid the situation.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! It is snowing here but I don't think it will stick or anything.

teaorcoffee 12-04-2016 01:29 PM

Great job MW - I know that was worrying you.

Midwest1981 12-04-2016 02:13 PM

tearofcoffee- thank you! It really was. I can breathe easier now. :)

Soberwolf 12-04-2016 02:14 PM

Anyone been watching planet earth II ?

PhoenixJ 12-04-2016 02:18 PM

It is good to keep the faith. I plan to keep on SR lots during the silly season.

petals 12-04-2016 02:29 PM

Glad to see you back Sw
Hope sh is ok
And hi to everyone .
Hugs to all xx

Dee74 12-04-2016 02:39 PM

Welcome back SW :)

D

Gilmer 12-04-2016 03:07 PM

Hello again, SW!

I'm so relieved it's over and done with, MW!

Excellent, excellent post, Tetra! I may not be keeping up with the Joneses, but I DO own a mortar and pestle.

I once tried to grind spices with it. It didn't work.

Soberwolf 12-04-2016 03:10 PM

Thank you D Petals & Gilmer

Popping in to say goodnight

Solarion 12-04-2016 03:54 PM

Good evening, everyone! Back on the bus again.

Dee, thanks for that really nice opening post.

Ruby, congratulations on 3 years!

Good to see so many familiar names still here.

Tetra, your milestones post on page 4 was quite a nice and amusing read.

As for me, I'm obviously a little sick in the head when it comes to drinking, and currently a little miserable because of it.

Counting my blessings, remembering my accomplishments, and moving forward.

I'd better start checking SR daily again, as that really seems to help.

Venecia 12-04-2016 04:50 PM

Wolfie, it's great to see you here. I hope that your time spent focusing on your growth continues to be fulfilling.

Midwest1981 12-04-2016 05:59 PM

good to see you soberwolf!

Thank you Gilmer! :)

Solarion- moving forward and posting here is a great start! I hope you feel better soon.

saoutchik 12-04-2016 11:30 PM

Morning everyone

Great to see you back Solarion

Soberandhealthy, sending positive thoughts your way

Back to the grindstone for another week

Soberwolf 12-04-2016 11:59 PM

Thanks Ven x

Morning everyone