Notices

Day 3

Old 11-29-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Last night I was looking at a recipe, and I saw it called for white wine and I was taken aback by the first thought that jumped into my mind - "I'll buy a small box and drink the rest". That's been a reason to drink several times in the past, but it scared me to hear my AV even after I resolutely decided to quit. That AV really is louder than I realized. It also whispered to me today, how will you have fun next summer, how will you not drink beer at the outdoor concerts, the camping, the river trips? How will you not have wine at Christmas, how will you resist peppermint schnapps in cocoa at the cold football games this winter? Alcohol has been such a part of my life that I've attached it to nearly everything I enjoy doing. But I have this forum now, and last night someone wrote (it was an older thread), that once they became sober, they realized a lot of the things they'd enjoyed drinking just weren't interesting anymore, but that a whole bunch of new things became interesting that they'd never even considered. That gave me hope. After all, most people, MOST, enjoy many things without alcohol being involved. I just need to give myself time to evolve into a new and improved me.

Three days in and the changes are palpable. My skin already looks so much better! The hollowness of my eyes has filled out, my eyes are bigger and so clear, and two little veins on my cheek have already begun to go away, in only three days. I'm sleeping better although much less, five or six hours, but without waking once, versus broken sleep I usually get. I've been resting a lot, eating well, taking my prescription methylated B vitamins, along with buffered C powder, magnesium and vitamin e and d. Been eating fish and hemp hearts mixed in yogurt for omega-3s, doing light exercise, and today I felt almost no anxiety at all even though I drove the interstate for three hours. I felt fresh and full of hope. Not gonna lie though, I haven't felt like answering my phone or socializing much but I know that is normal and part of the process of healing and adjusting to a new reality. Can I resist all those temptations I face? I can't say, but I can say that I have zero craving at all for alcohol right now and that is huge. The desire i have feels more like wanting my security blanket than wanting to be buzzed if that makes any sense. Like missing my friend.

I can't wait to get to one month. For me this will be a big achievement. I will continue to read, and glean so much wisdom and encouragement, from all of you here. Thank you.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

3 days !!!

great news truthseeker

glad youre here

Old 11-29-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing great, and you're right to know that there will need to be some big changes in your life, but it's still early days and focusing on staying sober and feeling better is great.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on three days, keep it up!
Old 11-30-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey truthseeker - I drank with almost everything I did. I had no idea how I would manage with out it.

But I did..and what's more I found this great life I knew nothing about.

Have faith - it can and does work out.

If it's all too immense and scary to think about then don't....just focus on today for now and do the same tomorrow and so on...

D