SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Went 314 days.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/401075-went-314-days.html)

chrcarlson 11-28-2016 09:16 PM

Went 314 days....

I haven't posted in a while. Kinda miss my old friends on here. I consider many of you friends, ;)

I quit drinking 9 Dec 2015. This site was a great help. Ex called and needed someone who could drive a standard transmission, a trip to Spain. Yep, I can do that. Not her fault I was thinking about testing my drinking anyway. It's outside the USA so drinking wouldn't count. I drank about 6 beers everynight. Not too mcuh for me buut I didn't drink for over 10 months so I got a good buzz. Didn't drink and drive or make a mess of my self. Did get that craving-you know the one. Figured I would'nt drink every night but I did. Drank a little on the fight home but stopped, still have the breathalizer in the car. Got home, got in the truck, blew the breathalizer..not problem. Went a week and visited the exes sister for dinner. Didn't want to drink but she did. Told her no then yes. Honestly I didn't want her sister not to drink wine on my account. It sat infront of me for a while then I drank it. Didn't want or drink more. Two weeks later I was home alone, bored. got a 6 pack and a bottle of wine-drank it all. Nasty hangover-which I didn't like. Did it again two days later. Which brings us to tonight. Yep, I'm drinking. I called the old girlfriend earlier and wanted to see her but she kinda waffled then said come over. Inbetween I thought I'd drink and so declined her updated offer. It seems like a damn mess. It's not bad yet but... Anyway should this be on the Newcomers forum or some other?

Berrybean 11-28-2016 09:31 PM

Awww man. Sorry things took a downwards turn. *hugs*.

What's the plan now? You're talking a lot about the problem (your current relaspe) but I don't hear anything in there about stopping and getting back on the road to recovery. It might pay to kinda force yourself to get solution focussed.

I know that's hard - especially when you're actively drinking and the AV is so loud. I kind of picture yours at the moment swinging you some kind of John Wayne scenario where you're hoiking off into the distance - one man and his bottle alone and against the world kinda stuff. Probably not how it's happening and that's just a memory of my own of that kind of thinking. Ha. Calamity Janet eat your heart out - I was some duff cowgirl lol.

Anyway. More importantly. How can we help ya? X

Dee74 11-28-2016 09:35 PM

Hi Chrcarlson

This forum is as good as any other :)

You sound a little resigned to drinking - dunno if that's just right now or in general, but my advice is to fight it.

It might not see so bad right now but things can turn in an instant. Complacency can kill.

I read so many threads I can't remember - how'd you pull up and stop last time?

D

SoberLifeForMe 11-28-2016 09:50 PM

Hi, chrcarlson. I recognize your handle from reading your posts and comments when I was an unregistered lurker around these parts. 314 days alcohol-free is amazing! Congratulations on that accomplishment!

Speaking as someone who has been on the "on again, off again" cycle since roughly January, but particularly since early September when I registered here, I encourage you to recapture what you had during your sober stretch and improve upon it. You don't want to be stuck on this roller coaster again, believe me. Heck, I'm only 7 days alcohol-free, and I don't want back on that coaster, either! It's time to find a calmer carnival ride.

Please, please reconsider the direction you're headed, and change course. I wish you well in your recovery journey.

Delilah1 11-28-2016 10:53 PM

Hello and Welcome Back!!

Ten months is a good amount of sober time, what were you doing for recovery?

From past experience I can tell you that continuing to drink will only make things worse. I waffled between sobriety and failed attempts at moderation for three years. I finally said enough, and will have 11 months in two days.

Not sure if you joined a monthly class when you first started, but that has been very helpful to me. I check in with my January class just about every day, and I also post daily in the 24 hour thread. In the past I found that when I stopped reading and posting I started drinking soon after.

You can start adding those days up again, one day at a time. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

❤️Delilah

SnazzyDresser 11-28-2016 11:37 PM

chrcarlson, I remember you from my early days here at SR, glad to see you again. Always like seeing the Texans. :) I hope you can get the sober train back on track here soon. I'm sure you know where things are headed otherwise.

doggonecarl 11-29-2016 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by chrcarlson (Post 6224652)
Which brings us to tonight. Yep, I'm drinking.

I hope you find the strength to put a halt on the drinking. Saying it's not bad yet...it's just the quiet before the storm. For us, it always gets worse.

january161992 11-29-2016 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by chrcarlson (Post 6224652)
It's outside the USA so drinking wouldn't count.

:lmao

havent heard that one before

funny thanks

:tyou

PurpleKnight 11-29-2016 11:12 AM

Welcome back Chrcarlson!! :)

Dee74 11-29-2016 02:53 PM

how goes it chrcarlson?

D

chrcarlson 07-26-2017 12:09 AM

Damn it's been awhile since I post that. It's July 2017! I'm drinking too much too often. I quit smoking Feb 14, 2017 so that's good. Alcoholics drink how they drink. I can't drink a 1/5 a night or drink in the morning for work but I drink too much too often. 2 months left on my DUI probation, maybe I'll make it. I know how it works. I do have a guinue aversion to drinking and driving now. Anyway I just felt like posting. I'd probably be better off it I had 2 years sober.

llk555 07-26-2017 12:30 AM

Lesson learned, move on.

Woops, just saw this is an old thread. Regarding your latest post though, you had 314 days. Do that again but this time, continue on after those 314.

Berrybean 07-26-2017 12:36 AM

So pleased you're back with us.

What's the plan look like this time? What can you add in this time that is diffrent to your last attempt?

BB

chrcarlson 07-26-2017 12:37 AM

Thanks. I was looking for something else but found this webpage again. Had to read and then find my old threads. 10.5 months was pretty good.

Berrybean 07-26-2017 02:07 AM

Ahh. Maybe you were meant to find us again. Hope the hooks back in Carlson. It'd be great to see you back, sober and getting towards serenity and recovery again.

Prayers for you today.
BB

llk555 07-26-2017 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by chrcarlson (Post 6550868)
Thanks. I was looking for something else but found this webpage again. Had to read and then find my old threads. 10.5 months was pretty good.

And those 10.5 months were much better when it comes to quality of life. And you didn't have the impending doom of possibly fatal health problems in your future.

Hmm... Which would you choose if you had the choice?

And it is a choice. Make it. Find out what the first step is and take it. I highly recommend you check yourself in to a facility, get the detox protocol and arrange follow-up help intended to keep you sober.

You want the good quality life back, don't you? Well, go get it!

Delilah1 07-26-2017 08:17 PM

Welcome back!! I had just over 90 days from 2012-2013, then stapp d posting. I waffles with periods of sobriety from Jan 2013-December 31, 2015, which was when I took my last drink.

I have just about 19 months sober, you can do this!!!

nez 07-26-2017 09:39 PM

I made it seven months one time and then went back to drinking. When I sought sobriety once again, a wise man asked me a question that has stuck with me...I paraphrase the question to your experience here, but basically what he asked was "What did you learn during the 314 days? What did you learn during the last 281 days?"

Like I said, the question stuck with me because I now have over 14years of sobriety. I am grateful that man was in my life at that time, and even more grateful that he still is in my life.

John3634 11-28-2017 09:40 AM

chrcarlson - I know it's been a while since you posted but I wanted to catch you if you happen to stop in again. I want to thank you for a message that you sent to me when I first found SR about a year or so ago. You were providing me encouragement to go to a AA meeting. You let me know that it was not a big deal and that I might enjoy it. Well, you were right. I did go to a meeting and have been going now for over eleven months. That's right! I've been sober now for 11 months and hitting up a bunch of meetings during that time. So thank you! I wanted you to know how much your words of encouragement meant to me at that very vulnerable time in my early recovery. Best of luck to you sir! I hope to see you around again.

chrcarlson 11-11-2021 10:00 AM

Hello everyone, I got way too drunk last night. Ive been drink too much since I started again. I'm day one again. Just felt like saying it.