Notices

Had a Mental Breakdown over the past few days

Old 11-29-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dear Marissa, you can conquer this. Please don't feel beaten down. I just want you to step off that horrible merry-go-round of drinking alcohol, guilt and remorse. Because I know you can do it, really, you can. I know because I did and I want you to feel the freedom and peace of mind that comes with stopping drinking. Please don't be upset. Please keep posting.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Most of us are emotionally scarred in some way. Just numbing things. It's not until later we figure out it isn't working anymore. It worked for awhile. Then the pain really sets in and you step back and go oh ****!
Old 11-29-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marissa41 View Post
Most of us are emotionally scarred in some way. Just numbing things. It's not until later we figure out it isn't working anymore. It worked for awhile. Then the pain really sets in and you step back and go oh ****!
Exactly. And carrying on drinking is just like applying new bandages over the old. We kid ourselves things are okay for now, but underneath it's all festering away. That self-honesty I spoke about, that's a bit like having the courage to take off those layers and layers of bandages, right down to the first ever little pus-sodden elastoplast, and clean those wounds properly, let the air to them, and start healing.

Laa-laa-laa-ing really doesn't work. We have to take a deep breath and face things in the end. It's not about waiting for a day when we won't be afraid, and sober reality won't be difficult. It's about accepting that it will be scary and may well be uncomfortable (even downright painful at times, but having faith in the fact that we aren't made of glass and we can take a lot more than we think we can. But we can only make that journey sober.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by Marissa41 View Post
If I wasn't honest I never would have said anything about it. I've never been arrested, pulled over, or been in an accident because of it. But right now I feel like because I was honest I'm a horrible person. I can't deal with being beat down here too. Honestly, my title was "Mental Breakdown" geez..

How alcohol breaks down our mental state

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/a-to...-mental-health
Old 11-29-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the helpful responses.. I'm outta here for awhile..