Notices

My Recovery Plan

Old 11-29-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

One more note- watch out for fatigue. This is a lot to put on your plate. I have a lot on mine too, including the volunteer stuff etc, and find that really watching out for what to say no to, and how to recoup after a few really busy or stressful (good or bad) days is crucial to my emotional sobriety.

The longer I am sober, the more I get consistently good about this but sometimes I still struggle. Right now, for example, I have basically checked out for the day on my day off. I gave felt like wanting to hide for a couple of days now- following several busy work days back to back and a great Thanksgiving- so I let my sponsor and bf know how I was feeling, went to a meeting and the grocery and am spending the rest of the day at home (which included two naps). I have to refuel.

I don"pack it all in" day after day because I know it is not good for me. Learning to balance my time and commitments is critical for me.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MrBrad

Hmm. Good idea for a template. I'm impressed.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

MeSoSober, Thank you so much for directing me here. I love your plan, I am going to copy it and tweak it for me. I liked the no tv (incl computer for me) idea.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ohhh, you!

I'm glad you found it helpful.

Here's the link Dee commonly posts as well -- I don't think I included it in my post in the December 2016 thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

That first link on the list of four? That information is incredibly well organized and covers all the bases and has a boatload of highly specific suggestions/ideas for staying sober. Really good info there, I think.

We can do this!!