Notices

Getting through this week

Old 11-23-2016, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting through this week

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while and been trying to use the app but ever since I updated my phone, it hasn't been working for me....deleted it and now can't find it in the App Store.
Anyways, I am trying to find the right program for me since I obviously am not succeeding at my sobriety alone.
I have contacted a few therapists and recovery centers, and I have the AA and Smart Recovery schedules. But my concern is that I won't be able to get an appointment now until after the holiday. I have one for Dec. 1, but that is still a week away, so I am trying to get something sooner.
I am not counting my "days sober" anymore because I just had to keep re-setting it
I am sober tonight (wasn't this morning/afternoon), but decided I don't want to wake up feeling awful tmrw morning (thanksgiving), so I stopped drinking after lunch and now I am feeling much better. I have a terrible habit of binge drinking a lot in a short amount of time.
I am seeking help right now. The holidays are always difficult for me, even though we have a nice family meal every year that I am very grateful for.
Anyways, I won't keep on, but I have basically had a terrible week and don't want to get into all the details right now....no need to get all upset again when I am calm and sober at the moment!
Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bronzie

The owners recommend the mobile version of the site now...try that and see if it helps.

Why not try coming here when you want to drink, and letting us support you in your decision not to?

D
Old 11-23-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back Bronzie - hope you are feeling better this morning
Old 11-24-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Bronzie - I've been on here off and on since yesterday since I'm still within my first 24 hours. I to had serious drinking binges with massive beer in a short period of time. After a while, it had no affect until I finally passed out.

This is a great place to get support and stay sober.

Good luck to you!
Old 11-24-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

BR- stay safe. If you feel like drinking- post here. Remember HALT (and sad) When you think you feel like drinking again- post here. When you feel as if you have had enough of posting or think you are being a baby- post again. Keep posting until your fingers cramp. The best time to post is when you do not want to. Oh- and keep posting. PJ
Old 11-24-2016, 01:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Like Dee said, the mobile site is the only thing we have as the app vanished a while ago. I was confused too!

If you can get to an AA meeting, then I'd give it a go. There's no obligation to go back, but if you're needing support at the moment then it might be worth a try, even to just be in a room full of people that understand how you feel.

I think reaching out for help before you drink is key. Personally, I'm prone to going on auto-pilot and picking up a drink almost unconsciously. The longer I'm sober, the more unlikely that is to happen as it seems to be putting some space between my previous relapsing habits and my new recovery programme. But even posting here when the feeling kicks in, there's always someone here and we're all in the same boat to support each other.

Like Phoenix said, HALT is a big one! Pay attention to what your body needs and be patient with yourself :-)
Old 11-24-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You don't have to wait to go to AA....there are meetings everyday, especially in your area. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
I obviously am not succeeding at my sobriety alone.
Then take Frickaflip233's advice. Check that AA schedule. You can't do this alone, but only you can take the first step.