Notices

Feeling stronger

Old 11-23-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling stronger

Hey guys

Just thought i would wish you all an awesome day/night. Just about to go to bed a grateful alcoholic with another sober day under the belt! Meetings have been great so far this week and hearing things that i really need to hear. The recent relapse has scared me to the point where i dont wanna ever go near another drink again. But its one day at a time and today i am sober. And i am pretty sure i will be sober tomorrow if i keep doing what im doing.

Great to be back on SR. Thanks for the support so far on previous threads recently its amazing waking up to see the messages! So sending you all positive vibes all the way from the UK.

Peace guys!

RJ
Old 11-23-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on you! Have a wonderful sleep and another great sober day tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
Hey guys

Just thought i would wish you all an awesome day/night. Just about to go to bed a grateful alcoholic with another sober day under the belt! Meetings have been great so far this week and hearing things that i really need to hear. The recent relapse has scared me to the point where i dont wanna ever go near another drink again. But its one day at a time and today i am sober. And i am pretty sure i will be sober tomorrow if i keep doing what im doing.

Great to be back on SR. Thanks for the support so far on previous threads recently its amazing waking up to see the messages! So sending you all positive vibes all the way from the UK.

Peace guys!

RJ
RJ
Glad to hear your back on track.....im 21 days in and feeling great i had a rough couple of weeks with PAWS nothing feels as good as sober.
Peace and sobriety to you
Old 11-23-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Rj,

I'm 18 months clean and you can be confident that it gets better.

The crave is there, but the feeling of dealing w life confidently sober each day better.

The sober confidence is something I did not expect when getting clean. I go into situations w little to no fear. I would mask my fear w a false confidence in the past.

I am pretty fortunate. I have several sober role models, not in AA, and several alcoholic examples, not in AA, in my life.

I see how they live, act, and react. For me....it is sobering.

Thanks.