Notices

Over the edge

Old 11-24-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
I'm back today since I decided NOT to drink today. Over the past several weeks I would drink and drink until I eventually passed out. Alcohol is destroying my life and have to quit now.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving where I'm going to a couple places with my drinking buddy. She doesn't realize how severe my drinking has been and we will be surrounded by alcohol. Plus we will be making a trip to the hospital since my son was in an accident a week ago. So, I've been an emotional mess with him which leads me to more drinking.

I don't know what else to say outside of the last time I was on here, I received an overwhelming amount of support. SR saved me before and hope it saves me again.

Thanks for listening
Cat
We all can relate ......just keep coming here and eventually it will stick
Old 11-24-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
If it were me, I wouldn't go to the places where people will be drinking. I can be around it now, but not in early recovery.
I couldn't do it no way
Old 11-24-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

if you want to be helpful to her son, talk about YOUR drinking issue- what it has caused, what it has done internally, and what is being done to change.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome back Cat!!
Old 11-24-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well, I had a wonderful day with Family and Friends sober. I also spent a good time talking to my son about my addiction and he's very supportive. Plus, we had to touch on the pain meds he's receiving and how addictive those can be. That's going to be a whole nother chapter.,,,,

I'm feeling much better at the end of Day 2 after getting out and actually eating a great meal, seeing my son get up and walk around and more importantly not drinking. I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow without a hangover!!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Cat

D
Old 11-25-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

great to hear Cat! and I'm glad to hear you are being open and honest with your family about your issues.
I hope today is a good day at work for you!
Old 11-25-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truthbetold76 View Post
great to hear Cat! and I'm glad to hear you are being open and honest with your family about your issues.
I hope today is a good day at work for you!
It was great to get back to work but I did have a couple "oopsies" that should not have happened. I felt rather stupid I made the mistakes but it was laughed off. My brain should get back on track after a good nights sleep.

One thing about being an alcoholic is that you hide things including your disease. It really does feel better letting it out and not holding those feelings inside.

Can you imagine trying to disguise an 18 pack of beer on a bicycle? Well, I did it quite often and nobody really knew. Then to stash the empties and figure out how to ditch them. Yea, I'm done with that whole routine...

Have a great day
Old 11-26-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

An 18 pack of beer on your bike? And you were able to ride while carrying it all? lol.. I can't get the image out of my head, sorry!
Old 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

That takes talent, and cleverness, creativity.. along with your intelligence I know you'll succeed in your recovery.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
An 18 pack of beer on your bike? And you were able to ride while carrying it all? lol.. I can't get the image out of my head, sorry!
Seriously! The lengths we would go to for alcohol.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:49 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I bought a basket for the back end of the bike and an 18 pack fits perfectly in it. That really wasn't my intentions when I bought it, but it sure came in handy when I wanted enough beer for a couple days. Yea, the extremes we go through to drink.

Now I'll be able to hold more food since beer won't be in the mix.