Notices

happy Thanksgiving I think

Old 11-23-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

happy Thanksgiving I think

My mother passed away several years ago, so haven't had a Thanksgiving dinner in a while. It bites, but it is what it is. Tried contacting my brother and a close family friend several times, but haven't heard back from them. There were times when I'd make the entire dinner for everybody. Fun thing to do, but very stressful. Don't know why, but that's just the way it goes. Don't think I'm feeling sorry for myself, but just trying to accept the fact that things change. Just don't understand why I'm now left out. I know it wasn't my drinking, since I didn't drink much when around them. Pretty much drank by myself. I know I'm wrong thinking this way but I figure what goes around comes around. Lets be honest. Pain hurts and all you want to do it give it back to the people that caused that pain. They deserve what they get. I know if my mother was around, this wouldn't be going on. John
Old 11-23-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi John,
I hear what your saying, after college I took a job that was 1000 miles from my family and didn't have enough vacation time to travel for holidays. I was alone, at this time my drinking was still "social" the beast hadn't taken me yet.
Anyway being alone and wanting to feel joy and goodness I went to a local homeless shelter, helped cook and serve thanksgiving meals to others, it wasn't as good as being with family but I felt needed and happy. Do try to find the joy in the season.
Old 11-23-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

This might be something to consider

https://www.volunteermatch.org/searc...k=thanksgiving
Old 11-23-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was going to suggest volunteering too John - howwver bad I might feel, I always get something out of helping others.

I think it's worth a thought?

D