Notices

59 days

Old 11-22-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Byeredwine

59 days

How with 59 days sober does one sit around celebrating 2 months with a drink! That's just nuts! But I've had the thought I'm sorry to report! My sobriety has been great life has become good again and biz is booming. I admit being alone sometimes challenges me. With a bottle of red wine I never felt alone...Mostly because I didn't feel ...I just got numb and dumb.I'm just having trouble socializing out of the Bars.And Online dating is a nitemare so far. Any and all thoughts on 59 days are deeply appreciated....BRW
Old 11-22-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Byeredwine View Post
How with 59 days sober does one sit around celebrating 2 months with a drink! That's just nuts! But I've had the thought I'm sorry to report! My sobriety has been great life has become good again and biz is booming. I admit being alone sometimes challenges me. With a bottle of red wine I never felt alone...Mostly because I didn't feel ...I just got numb and dumb.I'm just having trouble socializing out of the Bars.And Online dating is a nitemare so far. Any and all thoughts on 59 days are deeply appreciated....BRW
Good or bad... feeling is preferred to numb, I think. Big congrats on your 2 months! I think it's a bit early to feel comfortable in our own sober skin at 2 months. Think the dating scene will get easier as you move forward.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi Byeredwine

great job on 59 days!

when i was 2 months sober i was going to aa dances and learning about the fellowship

Old 11-22-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 59 days!
Old 11-22-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

"Celebrating" anything with a drink is a bad habit, but habits can be broken. The longer you're sober, the less you'll think of alcohol at all. The only time I think of drinking it is to remember how horrible it made me feel and how depressed I was.

To stay sober, you must want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BW- you are still growing inside with thoughts and feelings plus the connection between the two. Sharing is what you do- here, at a meeting. Lots go thru this. Well done in your days up,.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Job well done.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First, congrats on two months!!! I have made the mistake of getting complacent after a few months sober in the past, this time I was determined not to let that happen. The thoughts of drinking will pass, there are many schools of thought about what to do when they occur, occupying myself with something worked for me. I have just about 11 months sober, and the thoughts of drinking do not happen often, and when they do I play the tape through and think about how I will feel waking up tomorrow morning back at Day 1.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm 52 days. Maybe reward yourself by signing up for a class on something that interests you. Or a run group or gym membership. You might meet people you have things in common with. A little shopping with some of the money that you have saved by not drinking. A trip to the spa!!!
Old 11-23-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 59 is fantastic!!