Notices

What do i do

Old 11-22-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do i do

76 TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. That s the question..been away from the rooms for awhile but i have made a commitment to go to one of the more welcoming rooms tomorrow.And before i left the rooms i made a commitment to be of service for the local AA Thanks giving celebration. Now this is where it gets sticky..The person / persons will more then likely be at the event( for sure some of the group gossipers who have his version of what went down with me and my temp sponsor). And their own stick on why i pulled the disappearing act,but to be totally honest i fell pretty good about maintaining my sobriety through all this with out the meetings.Now don't get me wrong in no way am i getting cocky after 76 days and believe the rooms, meeting s and the fellowship is not important to my recovery, it is and will all ways be a resources that i will use.Just gonna suck it up and move forward with this being another life lesson learned and gained.I just gotta keep reminding my self that this is MY RECOVERY AND THE ONLY RULE IS MY COMMITMENT TO IT.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

76 days is fantastic!

And, yes, it is your recovery and you know what is the best thing for you to do. Helping out at Thanksgiving is a good thing to do, and my advice is to take the high road. You don't need to get caught up in gossip or comments about what you are doing. And, I hope you continue to use SR as a recovery tool.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, jeffrey. Congratulations on achieving 76 days. Brilliant! As to the other, why don't you test the room's temp at your meeting tomw. If the folks need your help, all well and good. If not, then don't do it. It is certainly a good thing to give service around the holidays, but you don't want to get pulled into gossip either, and having to explain (or not) what went down. Your recovery is job #1. Peace.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jeffrey542016 View Post
76 TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. That s the question..been away from the rooms for awhile but i have made a commitment to go to one of the more welcoming rooms tomorrow.And before i left the rooms i made a commitment to be of service for the local AA Thanks giving celebration. Now this is where it gets sticky..The person / persons will more then likely be at the event( for sure some of the group gossipers who have his version of what went down with me and my temp sponsor). And their own stick on why i pulled the disappearing act,but to be totally honest i fell pretty good about maintaining my sobriety through all this with out the meetings.Now don't get me wrong in no way am i getting cocky after 76 days and believe the rooms, meeting s and the fellowship is not important to my recovery, it is and will all ways be a resources that i will use.Just gonna suck it up and move forward with this being another life lesson learned and gained.I just gotta keep reminding my self that this is MY RECOVERY AND THE ONLY RULE IS MY COMMITMENT TO IT.
Jeff
Just remember your always going to be an alcoholic.....over the holiday season you might hear a voice telling you.....ill have just one drink and thats all.....don't get tempted believe me I'm right there too we have to be strong.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 76 is fantastic Jeffrey!!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In my experience these situations are nevr as big or bad in real life as they are when in do the preview in my head.

Have you tried handing it over to your HP through prayer?
Maybe try it now?! I read this suggestion and tried it. It worked really well for me. Maybe it will for you... ' As you pray, clench your fists and picture the problem and fear of the situation being held tightly in your hands. Then end the prayer, opening your hands and releasing it to your HP. '

Hope the meeting goes well.

Wishing you all the best for your recovery. BB
Old 11-22-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Congrats!!!!!

Sounds like you are doing what you need to do... For yourself!

76 Days! Keep it up
Old 11-22-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My recommendation: new group. I have been in and out of AA for a long time and I've never experienced any BS. Ever. Probably means I never get close enough to anyone but that's a different conversation. If there were issues with gossips etc I'd be long gone. I live in a pretty small area but there are still tons of meetings. I have a strict no drama policy