Notices

Please help

Old 11-20-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
Do you have any friends that don't drink?
Unfortunately, I don't. But I do have friends outside of drinking activities, who I should contact more to go to movies, shop, other nonalcoholic things.

I actually went to Urgent Care today. I was feeling so broken and lost. Got a prescription for the horrible anxiety/paranoia.

Why is the memory so short when it comes to the consequences of drinking?
Old 11-20-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry this happened to you...what a bummer! I remember those times of drinking and the dreadful feeling the next day of not knowing what I had done or said. That feeling is so awful, and I don't miss it.

The best choice you can make at this point is to stop drinking ASAP. If you stop right now, the physical and mental obsession won't be as severe, and so getting sober will be easier. The more you drink, however, the stronger the physical and mental obsession will become, and then we enter what we all know is "living hell" where we promise to stop but end up drinking again and again on a daily basis.

I hope you can get back your Day 1 and use this as a learning experience. Best of luck!
Old 11-20-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by lovetolisten View Post
Why is the memory so short when it comes to the consequences of drinking?
I am not sure what the answer is for you, but it is a issue you've noticed before:

Originally Posted by lovetolisten View Post
I stay sober for a while, am so happy and start feeling good. Then I drink. I cannot be convinced that I have to stay permanently stopped.
Personally, I think the reason I "forget" the consequences of drinking is I've slacked off on my recovery. The further I get away from recovery, the closer I get to drinking.

Only you can answer why you are forgetting it.