Notices

Cravings Urges Help

Old 11-19-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cravings Urges Help

Somebody SLAP me! I'm doing so great. 47 days AF today... The thought crossed my mind to drink over T-day. My son will be with Dad the whole week. Yikes. I'm feeling awesome and fun and naturally I want to intensify my happiness with drinking because I have so much fun "at first". Yes I'm playing the tape forward and it's not pretty. Gag me with a spoon. lol

I don't wanna want it. Whine whine whine.... I don't wanna give in. I hate it when I lose that motivation and start feeling like drinking. Nothing at all is wrong except for normal life stress. So anyway that's where I'm at today. I think it's normal to feel these cravings and urges because that's what I have always done. When my son leaves I party. It soothes my sadness that he is gone and I get to fill the time with partien which is fun "at first".

Somebody re-direct me!! It's so easy to jump back on that crazy train.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you do something fun that doesn't involve drinking and keeps you busy - cinema, shopping, massage, bowling?
Old 11-19-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I often drink when everything is good. I drink when I'm feeling soooo happy that, hey, lets drink! I think I drink when I'm feeling anything, period. I might try to convince myself that I'm drinking to make happy happier. But I believe I do it because I'm not comfortable with simply being happy. Or sad. I'm not comfortable with feelings and drinking is one sure fire way to change everything up....and more than likely screw everything up. Which then gives me something to 'manage'. A crisis to 'recover' from. Something to detract from what is really going on. And sometimes that can simply be 'life is good, I have nothing to manage'. And that scares me, for whatever reason. So I create problems where none exist....that is part of my addiction.

I have to BE grateful. I have to BE in the moment. I have to BE whatever I am in that moment and I don't have to change it. I have to BE quiet and listen to what is really going on and not drink it away. I have to learn to accept that being happy is normal. Or sad. Or lonely. Or bored. Drinking to change it isn't.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Can you do something fun that doesn't involve drinking and keeps you busy - cinema, shopping, massage, bowling?
Yeppers we do all those things often. Just went bowling last night. Where I live is kind of boring so all that stuff gets boring. We work at home with our own business so we are ALWAYS home. And we do venture out and do all those things. But I get tired of the same things over and over and over.... I think I'll venture into a new city and find a SMART meeting for fun...
Old 11-19-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
So I create problems where none exist....that is part of my addiction.
I do that too. Since I'm used to chaos I'm not comfortable with a calm sea. Since childhood. Oldest child, no dad, unstable mom, always moving so I'm used to chaos even into adulthood...
Old 11-19-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me not having a plan of activities to do at weekends would see me back at my default of drinking.

Plan something to do, do something fun, something relaxing, enjoy the free time this weekend, you don't need alcohol to do that.

Keep pushing through!!