Notices

So it's today

Old 11-20-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
The reason for that is because we have more than 150,000 members and any user name can only be used once. I always suggest to people to put a number after the name they choose.

Welcome!
Anna
Are those Tonkinese cats ?
Old 11-20-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

HelenofTroy,

I also like soda water with cranberry or lemon or lime!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rea11y View Post
Yep. I know I have to drink again today as I'm out with a friend but I shall force myself to only share the bottle and no more. Work tomorrow and cannot do that with a hangover.

Yes I'll be about and thank you for popping by.
I recognise it's that first sip. Am beginning to make plans like... fizzy water feels like beer but doesn't make you drunk. I love fizzy water. .. and fizzy water through a straw makes my mouth feel full so it'll satisfy that craving. .
But first... Choose water not beer. Rrgg
Rea
I hate to say this but you shouldn't hang out with drinking buddies if you want to quit I had to do just that my best buddy is a drinker. It's just a little while until you can get stronger and say no to a drink. My best buddy knows I quit and she's proud and supports me and she said she will try to quit also!!! See what I started.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rea11y View Post
Ha ha ha ha yeah. I don't plan to be teetotal. I'm happy to be a social drinker and never drink more than other people but I do plan to never drink in the week. Rather than alcoholic it's more alcohol dependant which is one step away, I realise

It's about drinking but not getting drunk. Not being that person. But to do that I know I have to abstain for a long time. Reset the reality counter

As for fizzy water, I love it. Love it. Feels like beer but isn't. Also incredibly cold water through a straw is every bit as good if nor better than a glass of cold white
Rea11y, once we have a problem, there's no stopping it. I, too, said that I wouldn't drink during the week, and I didn't--until I had a bad day and did...and then it was 'I'll only drink on Tuesday and Friday'...you can guess the rest.

I've only been completely sober for 22 days, but I finally realized that, for people like us, there's no such thing as being a 'light drinker.'

I promise you I'm not trying to lecture you...but what you said was SO familiar to me.
Old 11-20-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yeah I'm a Tuesday avd Friday girl too. And I AM the drinking buddy that others drink with. I am the bad influence avd I'm.ashamed of that. Which helps.
I live in an alcoholics town too. More pubs than shops or facilities. I stopped going to the pubs cos I didn't want to drink.so I drink at home . Eejit.
The friend I went out with last night is my housemate. She stopped drinking cos it was making her ill so she's a week addict now. I smoke too but I didn't like how it made me feel so I just have a baby one at ed time only. We're going to help each other with our demons.