# 61 (permalink)  

This is another nice advertisement

Old 11-19-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

And my favourite of all time:

Old 11-19-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Anyway that's enough.

They were playing Christmas songs in the coffee shop today. My mom was saying "it is November. We will be sick of it before Christmas even arrives"
Old 11-19-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Tetra, my daughter is asking to put up Christmas decorations already and I've told her absolutely not. Sorry your family is having such turmoil over the will.

LadyB ouch. I hope your ankle heals quickly. That sounds very awful. I wear progressive lenses too. They are something, aren't they?

Sao, I hope you get rid of that mouse infestation so your next batch of chocolate stays safe. Maybe Boris could be persuaded to help out.

Bedtime here. And a busy day. Grocery shopping, oil change for the car. Some cooking. Now I'm just watching TV
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon LadyB

sorry your mum is stiIl giving you grief Tetra

SAH how are you today?
D
Old 11-20-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Cold and damp this morning. I started my Sunday morning jog laler than usual so as to run in daylight. The downside is that the towpath is a lot busier
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20161120_091901.jpg (36.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 11-20-2016, 01:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Checking in to say hello. The weekend has been pretty relaxed, a few kid activities, and attempting to finish binge watching Gilmore Girls before the revival on the 25th. I have watcher the series number our times, and I still love it!

Great video clip Dee, thanks for sharing!
Old 11-20-2016, 03:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good morning everyone and Happy Sober Saturday!

Saou, I tried to blame chocolate consumption on the cat. I found the problem was it didn't make any difference when he got on the scale!

Ruby, on December 26th my niece will post on Facebook "364 days until Christmas!" I think she puts her tree up Thanksgiving night. For me, I enjoy the day as all the grandkids are here but I wish Christmas didn't become so commercialized. I remember when Christmas decorations didn't hit the stores until December 1st. That was before Black Friday even began. Now, as soon as Halloween is over there's the Christmas stuff. Crazy!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I went to our local Wal-Mart three days before Halloween and they already had the stuff put away and Christmas out everywhere!
Old 11-20-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Went to a party last night. Someone bought a glass of wine and then left the party... I was told "You can have it if you want" by the host. I said no thanks I don't drink and bought a lime and soda.... have to admit though that I did find myself looking at the wine several times throughout the evening. I made sure tho that I sat on a different table.
So late night and I'm tired but stayed sober and as such am just tired and hangover free!! Yay me xx
Old 11-20-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well done, Petals!
Old 11-20-2016, 10:50 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations Petals. Getting through something like that gives confidence I think.

LadyBlue no more blaming the mice, I am going to stay off the chocolate for a bit

Not too Christmassy outside of the shops in my part of London but inside is a different story. Things like Black Friday just make my blood boil
Old 11-20-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My middle son has to work retail on Black Friday in a store that is notorious for brawls!
Old 11-20-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Checking in to say hello. The weekend has been pretty relaxed, a few kid activities, and attempting to finish binge watching Gilmore Girls before the revival on the 25th. I have watcher the series number our times, and I still love it!

Great video clip Dee, thanks for sharing!
Apparently I should not binge watch until early hours of the morning. My grammar starts to slip!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday!

❤️ Delilah
Old 11-20-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Apparently I should not binge watch until early hours of the morning. My grammar starts to slip!!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday!

❤️ Delilah
I wouldn't worry too much Delilah

I went to bed early and have not seen a single episode of the Gilmore Girls and my grammar is STILL terrible
Old 11-20-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good going Petals! Yes, sometimes it can be uncomfortable but it can be done.

Saou, re
"I'm going to stay off the chocolate for a bit".
Yeah, me too, I say that right as I finish about 3 of those tiny little cube miniature milky ways. Look at me making excuses for my sugar addiction. I kid, I do have to walk away though. I did so well for two months and then Halloween landed and that took care of that. Back at it tomorrow. Why is it that all resolutions begin on a Monday????

Delilah: re
"Apparently I should not binge watch until early hours of the morning. My grammar starts to slip!!"
I hope you don't mind but I'm having a little giggle here. I am so thankful these days for the fact that a grammar slip is just that, a grammar slip. My hair stands on end when I think of some of the things I typed in the "early hours of the morning". Thankful it's not that anymore!!!

Ok, this is for my own accountability here. I don't feel worried but somehow, typing it out here keeps me real and honest. One of my closest drinking buddies, who I haven't seen in a very long time. texted me. She knows that I've quit and that I am committed to sobriety. She's been through hell and back with her husband and finally, about 4 or 5 months ago she kicked him out because she caught him cheating (again). She wants to get on Match.Com and asked for my help. I plan on having a chat with her about maybe just taking some time for herself. I did agree to go to her house Wednesday night with the promise and understanding that there can be NO alcohol present. That I will help her but she has to respect my wishes. That and if she walks away from this promise I will be leaving and will walk to the store to call a cab. So, I've lined up the scenario to her. Just posting this for accountability.

Have a great night everyone, off to the 7p AA meeting shortly.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm back at my own place thankfully.
At work I deal with people on the phone all the time who make my ears bleed and then at my parents, my mother makes my ears bleed. She says "I'm so glad I have you. I have no one to talk to".

The three of us were talking about family over dinner. I really dislike my mother's eldest brother. I have been on this earth for 36 years and he always calls me by my sisters name or else he asks my mother "how are the women?" Meaning my sister and myself - proving how little respect he has for the two of us.

One of my father's brothers has special needs. He lives by himself. He can take care of himself but not cook really and having a job is not possible for him so he is on disability. My father visits him every week to make sure he is ok. Anyway apparently my mother's brother calls him "the halfwit". My dad was annoyed and said "it's time for him to lose the peasant mentality". Dad can be very funny because that is it exactly. He also mentioned something about my cousins wife as to why she hasn't had children yet.

I don't know. My therapist did say to me before that he has never come across such a family before who are so involved in each others lives - and not in a good way. The dynamic among that side of the family is very strange.

Anyway I've decided that I spend too much time in the evenings on the internet or watching tv. I want to start reading again. I used to love books! I have a room full of books that I haven't got around to reading yet. I would like to make my bedroom into a type of "reading sanctuary". Somewhere were I can sit and relax and just switch off the phone.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

LadyB- good stuff. You have set boundaries. Alarm bells you have about rebound dating? Yes- I would be staying right away from them's dynamics.

Tatra- obviously your therapist was raised in Disney land. I know many, many people with dysfunctional natural families. Mine definitely included. The trick for me was to TRY not to get involved with their stuff. A 50 year old (say) person at a xmas do is not going to change their mind on the beliefs of hitting a child (say) just because I want them to grow up. Add to that booze and the whole thing usually went pear shaped. Good for you in being aware of that mind trap.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey Mr D.
I was in too.
Great video on the fist page.
It stuck in my head
Old 11-20-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, Welcome Vman

Soberandhealthy I hope you will continue to post here, stick with it. You and anyone else who is struggling can change your situation with a bit of help and determination

Another working week begins - cold and wet in London