Notices

I'm not really a newcomer anymore

Old 11-15-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

First off I'd like to apologise for ranting last night/this morning. I fell off the wagon spectacularly. I feel awful this morning physically and mentally and am really disappointed with myself. Thanks for the comments and support, I can't reply to everyone individually but it's much appreciated.

I've got a lot going on at the moment and really don't need booze complicating matters even further, Ive got to get this under control, especially with Christmas coming up which is not a good time for me.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
totfit

The answer for me was to simply do something else. There are thousands of things I can do that work for me and drinking does not. Exercise, a healthy diet, and positive activities make a big difference.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't know where to start, I just feel like giving up. I'm not happy and don't really know who to turn to.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by jimmyhow View Post
I don't know where to start, I just feel like giving up. I'm not happy and don't really know who to turn to.
You've already started by coming here. Some other suggestions

1. Go to an AA/Smart/LifeRing or some other kind of recovery meeting
2. Call your doctor and tell them you need help.
3. Call the Samaritans hotline
4. Check into local drug/alcohol rehab options
5. Spend more time here and join the class of November thread
6. Read this thread about what others have done http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-15-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

well the answer definitely isn't drink and drugs mate - lean on us lot on here for starters but you know the only way things are going to get better is by stopping repeating the cycle - those tough times can't be met by getting smashed again to blank things out - you need to work through them no matter how grim it feels - get a plan and stick to it, like said in my previous post get help, don't be afraid of asking for it either - it really does get better mate, honestly it does.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I know things won't get any easier with booze and whatever else throw in the mix, I keep ignoring my own advice though and doing it anyway...

I NEED to get through Xmas clean and sober or I know things will go downhill fast.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Jimmy, you've been around here long enough to know how it will end if you don't make some life changes. I know your heritage makes you want to fight, and I "kind of" get that. But when you get right down to the nitty gritty of the matter, don't you want a better life? Don't you believe you are worth it? You are. Take a stand brother, stay sober.