Notices

I'm new but need help who I am i

Old 11-14-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new but need help who I am i

Hi,

I am completely new to this blog and not from an eligible speaking country so please bare with my on my language.

I took it as a sign that after googling several things I came back to this site even tho I'm never that type.

I have been struggling with alcohol since I was 17/18 and I am now 22. It started out as a weed addiction but when I couldn't afford that and wanted to feel numb I switched to alcohol because it is really cheap where I live.

Right not I am ta king some time off of school to focus on myself and I really wanna get better. I've done all the work
When to counselors for treatment which went well for a while (couple of weeks) and such
I even talked to my parents who are super supportive but at the same time aren't because they don't realize how big the problem is or don't wanna see it.

I want to be better. But one thigh scared me. I have always been a partyear girl in my part and still am even tho I avoid it not to make a fool out of myself. I have a feeling I can get a healthy relationship with alcohol like most people have and am afraid to lose(loose? Never knew the correct way to the spell it) that side of me. I've had a year or two that was based on that even before it was an alcohol abuse thing. I remember how I felt, when I hear the music I just wanna go back to that or go party.

I was wondering if anyone else has that

I really need an answer cause now typing it out it is not ok to be a girl who always party's. But I do miss it and I'm youno, I just want to be happy and young and free like back know then

Please if you need more info or want to comment on this, let me know!

Grateful forever

C.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Cataleya, welcome to SR, your English is just fine by the way

Firstly it is a credit to you that you have realised you have a problem while you are still young.

I think right now your future health and happiness is the most important thing and that means at least for now you should stop being the party girl. I have 2 daughters who are slightly older than you so I do realise that it is no small thing. However, two things to consider.

Firstly, given that you have an alcohol problem they are probably large parts of those parties that you cannot remember and other parts that you might not want to remember so maybe laying off the partying will not cause you to miss out on as much as you thought. In addition it is sadly true that bad things can happen to drunk or stoned girls at parties (and men too)

Secondly you may be able to reconnect with interests, pastimes or sports that you may have done in the past but which usually stop when the drinking takes over. This can give you as much social activity as the partying but without the downside

Given enough sober time it may be that at your age you will one day be able to go to a party or at least a social situation where alcohol is present but you won't need to touch it yourself

Good luck
Old 11-14-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi cataleya

im glad you are reaching out for help!

you will find lots of help here

Old 11-14-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Your English is great. I think most, probably all of us here, wish we drink like 'normal' people. We can't. When you become an alcoholic, you cross an invisible line and you can never go back. Trying to moderate or control your drinking will likely lead to enormous frustration. Stopping drinking is the way to go if alcohol is causing problems in your life.

There are lots of ways to have fun and enjoy friends and family, and not involve alcohol in the picture. We do understand how hard this is, so keep reading here and posting. We offer lots of support.