Notices

Detox

Old 11-12-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox

I am currently still drinking. I've been reading "Rational Recovery", I have recognized the "Beast", and I am working on the "Big Plan". My concern right now is Detoxing. I drink Every Night! Most times I don't remember the previous evening. I consume at least six to eight beers with approximately 200-300ml of Vodka each night.I have no idea what to expect when I STOP drinking. I cannot recall the last day that I didn't drink.I'm Scared!! Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fantastic that you are ready to quit! Can you see a physician and be honest about how much you drink? He/she can help you with detox, or answer all your questions. I really wish I had gone to my physician earlier than I did.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you have concerns, Jim, about detox (and they can be difficult and dangerous), a medically supervised detox may be the best avenue to pursue. Get someone to drive you to the ER or make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible.

All the best to you. Sobriety and recovery are wonderful experiences and worth the effort.

Here for you.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you are ready to stop drinking. Detoxing from alcohol can be unpredictable and it's always a good idea to talk to a dr first.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like the others have said Jim the best abd safest way ti detix uis to run this by your Dr.

Let us know what they suggest

D
Old 11-12-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimSock View Post
I am currently still drinking. I've been reading "Rational Recovery", I have recognized the "Beast", and I am working on the "Big Plan".
You need to read the book while you are sober, so that you can understand the material, and recognize the AV in your own thinking. Why not read the book until you fall asleep instead of starting to drink for the evening?

After a few days, you may find that you are still in one piece, in which case you can get rid of all the alcohol supply. I would toss out the vodka, regardless.