Notices

Seeing this made me feel stronger

Old 11-12-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Seeing this made me feel stronger

So I went to a local College Basketball game last night. I don't go to many of these events. But I was given the tickets and was able to spend the evening with my teenage son which was cool. We had fun...I am glad we went!

Anyways... There is no alcohol sales at these events. Which of course, I was cool with ..

So we are in our seats and watching the pre-game. When 2 middle aged guys sit down a few seats down from us. First thing I notice.... the guy opens up 2 airplane bottles of something and pours them into his cup.

OMG... that would have been me!

I'm GLAD that it wasn't!

Funny thing happened next.... a family comes to my row and looks at the guys and tells them "those are our seats"..... G'bye!
Old 11-12-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post, MidnightRider (Allman brothers fan? me too). Sometimes I find myself observing others' drinking. Once I pulled into the parking lot of a beach I visit, and there was a guy sitting on his open flatbed. Just sitting. Some time later he left just before I did, so I was behind him for quite a while. Truck was all over the road, slowing down, speeding up, etc. guess I figured out what he had been doing. Yikes. I actually pulled over and sat for a few minutes to give him time to go flying off the causeway into water if that's what he was going to do. Glad I don't drink anymore.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

yep midnight i know what you mean

years ago i was at an event and 2 dudes sit down nearby and start smokin' something

i immediately felt grateful for my sobriety date