Notices

40 days just sayin

Old 11-11-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

40 days just sayin

I'm proud to see my sobertime app tell me today is 40 days AF. I've kicked and screamed the whole time and whined it out to you all. Thank you all for putting up with me. It has been challenging but with the support of SR, SMART Meetings and self-motivation I'm wrapping my long-term attitude around this thing. My cravings are getting less and when I really feel the urge I come here first. I don't always hear what I want to hear but I hear what I need to hear.

SMART Meetings are so awesome. The one I'm going to is filled with musicians, artists and really down to earth cool people. I love being around those that not only share my afflictions but refuse to give up on their passion of music. I'm not a musician but I love music. I failed in August when travelling to San Diego to see GNR. I'm sorry.
I miss my Class of August peeps and I still pop in and see how you are all doing at times. Good job.

Since then, I have been to a few live concerts SOBER and it's different at first but the longer I do sober the better I do it and the more I enjoy sober. I love knowing that I will not wake up with a hang over.

I have lossed a friend to suicide due to mental illness coupled with addictions. It was challenging not t participate after the funeral last week with my old crue to celebrate her life at of all places a bar.

The election stress (enough said).

Co-parenting struggles with my former husband... I feel more angry and speak my mind more sober. I don't know if that's bad or good. lol

Boredom struggles: Trying trying trying to keep from getting too sedentary and boring... That is my BIGGEST weakness to relapse.

Got through my favorite Holiday HALLOWEEN! Actually attended a SMART meeting on Halloween night. When to a halloween party and a Zombie Apocolypse all sober. Yah!

Pesky wine tastings at the grocery store, keep walking Angela...

So the booze is always there, it's all around.. I find that Playing the tape forward has saved me a few times. It works.

Well that's all I have for now. I'm happy to be here sober. I'm happy for every single one of you for being on here too. Today is good.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going sunshine - congrats

D
Old 11-11-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days! I go to concerts as much as possible, so it's been new territory going to them sober. I've been to two so far while sober... still getting used to it. It's nice to know that I can actually fully experience the show since I'm not getting drunker as the night goes on.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Co brats on 40 days!!!
Old 11-11-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great work! Keep it going
Old 11-11-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days! I'm right there with you as yesterday was my 40. I use an app too (nomo) that counts days and money saved! It is fun to watch those days and dollars saved add up. Good luck on your journey and GNR rocks!
Old 11-12-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 40 days and in the wake of adversities, remaining sober. You are an inspiration.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Sunshine! Brilliant progress and especially under difficult circumstances......take care xxx
Old 11-12-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

40 days is brilliant!
Old 11-12-2016, 02:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy for you Sunshine!
Old 11-12-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living the life

Good stuff Sunshine

I saw Alice Cooper last month. It was the first time I've ever been to a concert sober, and I've been to a lot of concerts (I'm old lol). To be honest I think I appreciated the talent and the choreography more because it was so much clearer. I'm glad you've found a group that celebrates the same passions as you do
Old 11-12-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fantastic Sunshine!!
Old 11-12-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 40 days, that is a massive achievement! thank you for this upbeat post too, you sound really positive and like you are putting in a lot of effort to make this work despite a lot of challenges. I am so happy to hear that you have found a face to face network of support that not only helps you but offers you a sore social outlet, the SMART meetings sound like they are a very important part of your recovery, keep at that.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You have the discipline to work your plan!!!

That's great!

I also love playing the tape. It really helps. I'm am so happy to hear your positive tone. It sounds like you are gett My confortable is sobriety. Stay vigilant because AV likes to play possum (Dee's line) but know that you have the power and that you are making this happen.

No more hangovers! No more blackouts! No regrets!!!

Woohoooooo!!!