Notices

Indulge me

Old 11-11-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll indulge you friend...

Happy to see you and hear that you are well in your sobriety!

It's always nice to see you.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Really well done, Jeff.

I agree that caution is still in order. That "year" soberversary can play tricks.

You've come a long way! Life is indeed so much better on the sober side. You sound really good.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I know myself, I'm either a drinker or not...there is no in-between.
Well done, Jeff. I think this is really a key insight -- ruling out that fantasy "in-between" zone, that doesn't really exist for most of us.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Fantastic Jeff!!
Old 11-12-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

double post.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. It makes me feel good that most of you long timers addressed me as Jeff, because its my real name. It makes me feel like I belong here. Little things....
Old 11-12-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

We are happy to have you here Jeff. Your story is of particular interest to me because I think we share some common traits- outside of loving weightlifting!- that make this struggle difficult, i.e.. being stubborn, not listening to good advice, getting too caught up in our own heads, just to list a few. Watching you work through that has been inspiring and gives me hope. One year is fantastic, you should feel so great about your progress.
While this is is celebratory thread and I don't want to take away from that, I have to add the following. Some of your traits that serve you very well in some areas of life (real state, work in general for example) can come to haunt you in sobriety, such as being over confident. To be clear, you don't seem to be putting that out there right now, with this post, but I want to give you a friendly reminder to watch out for that as you continue in your journey. I don't need to tell you this, do I? You have seen where that has taken you in the past.
In closing, you DID this man, you did it. Feel good about yourself and your accomplishment. Keep up the great work.

ETA: I just re-read my post as I always do to check for errors, and I saw that it gave off a bit of a negative connotation. That was in no way my intention. Please remember that a forum lacks many things that "warm up" words, such as facial expressions, body language and tone of voice. My post was heart felt and intended to be words of support and true praise for you Jeff.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats on your sobriety!

I had to learn those lessons the hard way, too! Back-up the computer files and always keep full insurance.....

Glad your wife is okay!