Notices

In my head......

Old 11-09-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In my head......

DRINKING THOUGHT’S
Day 63...Felling some depression on this gloomy fall day these 63 sober days feel like the only good thing I have going for me. I had my first drinking dream the other night I woke up before I took the drink, but it was clear as day to me which sort of worries me because I really never clearly remember my dreams. But this one keeps playing over and over in my head, now of course there is much more going on in my life besides getting sober, as those of you who have been following my threads well know. But the drinking thoughts are there and I just wanted to put it out there. (No intentions of drinking) but I hate this feeling…
Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

Old 11-09-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I had a serious drinking dream at about day 60 as well even though I woke up before consuming the beverage. It also threw me for a real loop. I upped my meetings simply to be able to get my mind off that feeling, it was hard to shake. It also sent me into a mild situational depression. The dream was so strong that five years later I can recall the feelings I had when I woke up. After a few days it furthered my resolve not to drink again, I didn't want to relieve those feelings they were so horrible. So long term it was a blessing in disguise
Old 11-09-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

shockozulu, I had those same feelings about a week ago after a drinking dream. It really rattled me especially because it felt so real.

And awesome job jeffrey on 2 months! You should be proud, can you celebrate with something fun and positive to get out of your head and feel good about your accomplishment? I agree with shockozulu- up your meetings and or recovery efforts. I know journaling really helps for me to get whirling thoughts out of my head.
So meetings, and maybe one or two other healthy positive changes in your life may help redirect your thoughts.
Pat yourself on the back, my friend!
Why not write a gratitude list of all the good things you have?
Even if you have to look really hard for them, if you do a gratitude list every day you will see you have more to be grateful for than you first thought.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The best thing about using dreams, is AFTER waking up and feeling that Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization after drinking or using again ...
and then realizing IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN !!!
That means SOBRIETY is actually working !!!

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Old 11-09-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
The best thing about using dreams, is AFTER waking up and feeling that Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization after drinking or using again ...
and then realizing IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN !!!
That means SOBRIETY is actually working !!!

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Yes I have drinking dreams when I quit and have had the same experience when waking.
PANIC and then the best relief ever!!
Old 11-09-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jeffrey542016 View Post
DRINKING THOUGHT’S
Day 63...Felling some depression on this gloomy fall day these 63 sober days feel like the only good thing I have going for me. I had my first drinking dream the other night I woke up before I took the drink, but it was clear as day to me which sort of worries me because I really never clearly remember my dreams. But this one keeps playing over and over in my head, now of course there is much more going on in my life besides getting sober, as those of you who have been following my threads well know. But the drinking thoughts are there and I just wanted to put it out there. (No intentions of drinking) but I hate this feeling…
You've been sober quite some time. Good on you, its been a long time since I got that far.
Do you remember what it feels like to wake up after a night/day drinking?
I'm pretty fresh so if it would help you I can remind you.